AMT/ERTL Imperial Star Destroyer

Bit the bullet with this one on eBay, it's 15" long when completed according to the box.

Having inspected the plastic, it's basically a write off straight away if you want a decent looking ship so...

Original

2013-11-02115947_zps8be5196a.jpg

And the beginnings of my very first scratch building project!

2013-11-02115909_zps7994d0db.jpg

This is going to be a very slow build! If I can get my hands on a second kit, it'll go faster as I'll just scrub the details off the first one with a spare as back up but as I'm doing it currently, where possible, I'm going to remake the parts from stock styrene.

Just to make it that little bit harder, I'm also intending to put a full fibre optic lighting system in when it's done.

Edited by Breaker

This is going to be a very slow build!

I usually say that.

Then it just gathers momentum & I can't keep my stickies off of it.

Just finished one (Mak Sternail) Now i can't wait to start the next!

Good luck with yours

Pete

Afternoon Breaker. :)

I actually have one of these kits myself sitting in the stash. However, your first image has actually put me off building it, the detail is absolutely awful! I know I have been spoiled with my current WIP Fine Molds projects, but even the MPC Darth Vader TIE and MPC Falcon have better detail than this!

Nevertheless, I shall be following this build with interest as I always loved the big imperial ships. :)

Nice work so far!

Cheers.

Rob

Edited by neron-fx

Hi Rob,

I've got the MPC At-At, At-St, Vader TIE and the standard TIE in the stash! I'd like the Inceptor at some point as well!

If you want rid of the IDS, let me know, as I said, a spare would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Been working on the basic build of the hanger this evening.

Kit part is in the tweezers with my stock card remakes along side. Should make for a big difference!

2013-11-06203529_zps878b4fb0.jpg

2013-11-06203309_zpse38c4f5d.jpg

I've worked out the depth using film screen shots. The depth should be the roughly twice that of the height of the triangle formed by the shape of the hull.

Hi Breaker,

Nice start on the ISD.

I've got that and the TIE kits to do at some point, probably won't mod the ISD but will be lighting them all.

Looking forward to seeing some more.

Cheers,

Warren

:popcorn: I will be watching with interest, I can imagine the ISD is basic will require a good investment of time and skill.

The TIE fighters are nice little kits, I've just finished 1.5 (1 oob and the second cockpit mated to the TIE

interceptor wings for the Airfix/MPC? kit) of them and they build up with out problems.