Tiger Hobbies 1/48th F-5A

GreenDragon

Looks like Tan Models of Turkey were a lot further ahead with their kit than I thought. Tiger Hobbies have apparently taken over the kit and are releasing it at Telford with Cartograph decals! I saw It on ebay today for £15.99.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291008647582?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

I've ordered one, should be here in a few days.

Paul Harrison

PS I've got nothing to do with the company just in case any one is wondering!

Thanks Paul, very interesting. Links to the Britmodeller forum old Tanmodel 1/48th Northrop F-5A Freedom Fighter topics:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/76277-tanmodel-announcement-about-pre-order/

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/73900-news-flash-new-tool-148-f-5a-due-this-autumn/

Tiger Hobbies Limited have for sale THK48001 Tiger Hobbies 1/48 F5A Freedom Fighter 4 Decal Options

This model was a cancelled project bt Tan Models of Turkey.

We have Rescued this project and had the model shippied in basic form.

We have produced new Cartograph Decals with four decal options:

- Turkish Air Force Standard Sqn in Camo

- Turkish ir Force Seljuk Eagels Aero Team 1971

- Royal Norwegian Air Force

- Philippines Air Force blue diamond display team

Decal Placement and Instruction sheet provided.

The Model will be Released at this years IPMS Nationals at Telford, but get one now at the RRP with Free Shipping in the UK

s_l1600_1.jpg

Source: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291008647582?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Got one today. very clunky with soft detail. A sort of a cross between an OEZ kit and one of those Chinese knock offs of Hobbycraft kits. It's not modular like the Kinetic and the shape looks ok. Probably a bit overpriced although I have a feeling it will actually build pretty -well. My view the Kinetic is finer with multiple version and a mega decal sheet. This also has a smaller but quality sheet.

Instructions are a fag packet job but the box is very stout.

If you don't want a modular kit then this may be worth a look,

If Tamiya finesse is your thing.......

Got one today. very clunky with soft detail. A sort of a cross between an OEZ kit and one of those Chinese knock offs of Hobbycraft kits. It's not modular like the Kinetic and the shape looks ok. Probably a bit overpriced although I have a feeling it will actually build pretty -well. My view the Kinetic is finer with multiple version and a mega decal sheet. This also has a smaller but quality sheet.

Instructions are a fag packet job but the box is very stout.

If you don't want a modular kit then this may be worth a look,

If Tamiya finesse is your thing.......

Concur. Clunky is exactly the word I'd use. Very nice decal sheet though.

Got mine and I agree with you guys, kinda clunky, soft details but looks like it will go together pretty easily, very thick sprue gates in places.

One odd thing is the wing mouldings, one has three sprue gates to clen up the other has ELEVEN!! Things under wings are three dop tanks plus wing-tip coke bottle tanks.

An optional boarding ladder and refuelling probe are include,I assume a Skoshi was planned, maybe in Tigers second release boxing?. Also there are two different styles of intake. Cockpit instrument panel and side console detail is raised.

Better than the old Italeri/Testors/ Hawk, easier to build than Classics kit but I think I'll have to get the Kinetic kit.

Paul Harrison

• 2 years later...

I don't think this is new at all. It looks and sounds to me exactly like a kit that was being sold at Telford either last year or the year before? I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere about it but can't for the life of me find it.