Sikorsky H-34, U.S. Marines

Morning Everyone,

Just finished my shifts so I thought I`d show some pic`s of my 1/48 Gallery Models H-34, before I hit the sack.

cgAAExO.jpg

Built as Mr Gallery Models intended with just a very few additions, which include

ICj35Iq.jpg

some hydraulic hoses for the winch and the antenna on the fuselage underside

o9qCDKb.jpg

Also improved it a bit by cutting away the areas beneath the Photo-Etch mesh on the nose

gzmhc2S.jpg

although I did leave the smaller areas around the tail as per the instructions as they weren`t a great match

ZjNTIfB.jpg

I mixed the paint to represent the Marines Field Green from Humbrol 80 and 116 in a 2:1 ratio in that order

BLhexgx.jpg

and, unusually for me, I even managed to use all the photo etch called out in the instructions.

Hope you enjoy looking at.

Cheers Russ

• Like 14

I really like that Russ.

Door Gunner: Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone who runs, is a VC. Anyone who stands still, is a well-disciplined VC! You guys oughta do a story about me sometime!

Private Joker: Why should we do a story about you?

Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so ******' good! I done got me 157 dead gooks killed. Plus 50 water buffalo, too! Them's all confirmed!

Private Joker: Any women or children?

Door Gunner: Sometimes!

Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?

Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

• Like 3

Very competent modelling! And opening up beneath the nose openings really elevates the model to another level.

And talking about another level – quite a lift from the old Revell classic, isn't it?

Great work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Cracking build Russ, really nice to see one of these build & the extra work has really paid off but do me a favour, iron your back cloth young man, iron your back cloth!!!! LOL!

Mac

Iron ??? Sorry what`s that ?

Cheers Mac

Thats lovely Russ, cracking job. Never heard of this kits before - just bagged myself a Revell H-34, doesn't look half as good as this.

cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon,

It`s called Gallery Models and the label hasn`t been around very long but, the style of the spruegates, instructions and colour chart/decal placement sheet is exactly the same as a Trumpeter or Hobby Boss kit.