1/48 Trumpeter Mig-23

Hi

Well, it's been a while! From finishing 15 builds last year I am limping along at 5 this year, too much work and too little time :weep:

This is my latest aircraft, Trumpeter's Mig-23. Overall not too bad a kit, I managed to get the original (e.g. for the Escii kit) NeoMega pit in without too much trouble.

I found the decals a bit of a pain, the larger ones rolled on themselves and were tricky to get back into shape.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking

Ian

DSCF1238.png

DSCF1240.png

DSCF1239.png

DSCF1246.png

• Like 2

That does look good. What paint did you use as it looks darker than I'm used to thinking the MiG-23 would be. Got one of these in the stash and yet to hear of any fatal flaws in its shape

...Oh my bank balance...

Who says you can't buy happiness?

Great job on the Flogger, It does look dark but with all the field depots doing repaints I bet there was some deviation from the norm in Mother Russia. :)

I like the dark grey and I hope to emulate it!

I had the privileage of painting this kit's box art! Surely you did a very good effort! I hope it was a good model in general! I want to have one for my collection too!!

Keep up the job!!! :winkgrin:

Your artwork was part of the reasons why I bought this kit. Wonderful work :thumbsup: Do you have a website where we can view more?

Your artwork was part of the reasons why I bought this kit. Wonderful work :thumbsup: Do you have a website where we can view more?

Dear Col, thank you very much for the nice comments about my work! I am glad that my art played a reason for you to have this kit! This was for me always the reason in order to buy a kit long time ago when iwas a very active modeller! And for sure the magic works by Roy Cross, Roy Huxley, Koike Shigeo, Masao Satake etc etc, gave me the inspiration to try my effort in aviation-box art world!! I have been working for Trumpeter Models for 3 and half years!

I have a web site and is my pleasure to post it!!! Best wishes, and thanks again!!! :winkgrin:

http://kostaskavvathias.com/

• Like 1

Boy, that turned out sharp. Congrats!