H&S Nozzle Sizes

Stuck

Hi all,

I have been using my H&S evolution for over 4 years now in that time have had to replace the 1/15 nozzle and now the 4 has just worn out..over all I have had no complaints with it, and would recomend one to anyone.

In the main I have been using Tamiya acrylics which I have every confidence in but dont like it for brush painting. But on my latest project the Revell Snowberry because I realized from the onset it would need a lot of touching in with a brush, I decided to paint with enamals. However with the 4mm nozzle out of action, I am finding that I am having to thin the paint so thin with the smaller one, and keep geting blockage problems.

So my question is this, I am just in the process of ordering a new 4mm nozzle, and was wandering if it might just be worth buying a complete 2mm nozzle and needle set , would this compromise make any appreciable difference ? Going into retirement this week the 40 odd pounds with postage for a new set is quite a lot of dosh to find, or shall i just get a new 4mm nozzle ?

Any advice welcome,

Cheers Mike

I have found the 0.2mm set to be the best in the range - it gives detail getting close to that of the 0.15mm set, offers more coverage & doesn't suffer from the fussiness & delicacy of the 0.15mm set.

If you already have the 0.15mm set, you don't require a complete 0.2mm set, just the needle & nozzle as the same air cap is used in both sets.

If you are looking to go to the 0.2mm nozzle/needle on the Evolution, it is worth considering buying it in the set with the Infinity pincer aircap.

This gives you a good view of the needle when you are using it for close work. And you can also pinch clean any paint buildup off the tip before it becomes a problem.

The pincer aircap is normally £18.50, but the prices goes down to £14 when bought in a needle/nozzle/infinity aircap set.

Paul

little-cars.com

I've dinged my .2 a few times, but have managed to save it by rolling the tip straight on a piece of glass then finish with micromesh.

I find they tend to get damaged as you put them back into the airbrush after a clean

Well thanks for the advice chaps,

Paul Little cars, Have had a look at the pincer air cap, I have had a couple of bent needles in the past, and that looks as if it will make the tip more vulnerable to damage than the one i have got , im used to having to take the air cap off to clean the tip.

For the time being I will save my money and take the Attitude Adjusters advise and get a new 4mm nozzle, cause after seeing Nigels work, if its all right for him then its good enough for me !!

• Like 1

used 0.2 for the last 3 years with no problems despite my best efforts and yes i have dinged it. but glass and micromesh has always sorted it. find its good with tamiya and gunze acrylics humbrol enamels, but never got on with "proper" acrylics