Freightdog at Telford 2013, new items (pictures added)

Hi everyone,

Freightdog Models will have some nice new items on sale at Telford, this year our stand has moved but we are still in Hall 1, now opposite LSA Models on the end of isle 1H. This marks our first show as UK stockist for High Planes Models of Singapore. Stocks of Finger, Dagger and Nesher kits are already available, and for the show we have a very limited exclusive Plus Pack boxing combining the Finger kit with resin parts and FCM decals to produce a Brazilian Mirage IIIEBR F-103E. I also have some HPM short run kits and resin sets on the way (including a few Avon Sabre’s in 1/48 and 1/72).

New decal sheets are ‘Keeping the Peace Pt.II’ in the Freightdog range in 1/72 including Spitfires, Mustang IV’s and a Corsair, and I are launching a new Blue Max decal range. The first sheet in 1/48 covers the F.2B Bristol Fighter in RAF service around the British Empire with five colourful options. Some conversion work is required to either the Eduard or Roden kits to produce a Mk.II, but nothing too taxing.

In my resin range I have re-issued the EAP and Avro 720 multi-media kits, and have a new What-If conversion for the Blackburn Buccaneer P.139/2 AEW platform. Other resin items that are ready include X-4 missiles for the new Airfix FW-190, Harrier GR.3 corrected fin and TERMA pod for Tornado GR.4, all in 1/72. For 1/48 I have three Hurricane sets, a Mk.IV conversion, drop tanks and an improved spinner, all based on the new Italeri kit.

Lastly I am announcing another new range at the show, this time a collaboration under the name of Guerrilla Models, please come over to the stand and see what coming is from Guerrilla in 2014.

That’s about it for now, just got to work out how to fit it all in the car.

Thank you!

Colin

Edited by Colin @ Freightdog Models
  • Like 1

Hi,

What about the 1/72 two engined Spitfire project (I don't remenber the name) and the Kayaba Katsuodori intakes you have listed in the past ?

Are these kits cancelled ?

All the Best,

Violet Club

Hello, twin engined 'Spitfire' project (Supermarine Type 324) was put on the back burner, but I hope to have it ready in 2014. The Kayaba Katsuodori intakes were never released, as the Meng kit was not imported into the UK by Hannants (at the time Model Wholesale UK were imported and they only had a couple of dozen). If Hannant ever get a batch I will release it, very few people have asked about it so I wasn't sure if the demand was there.

Colin

Similarly, is the P.1154 still contemplated for release in 2013?

No that will more likely be 2014, they have been busy ramping up resin production for Hannants, the Avro 720 is being re-issued along with the EFA, but i think they are going to renew the P1154 to bring it up to Freightdog standards.

Hopefully when they do that they might configure the model to allow at least the Trainer to be done, and perhaps one of the Naval compromise designs created after the more familiar two seater with the tricycle undercarriage was found to be too different from the RAF version to justify.

• Like 1

Hi Colin. Are you planning to scale up the Therma pod to 1/48? Also, any thoughts on doing 500lb modern RAF bombs and the RAIDS pod?

Cheers

I'm holding back on a 1/48 TERMA pod to wait and see the new Revell Tornado, depending on that, and no surprise GR.4 from Airfix I will take it from there!

Colin

• Like 1