Touring Airbus

Pin

The story (a bit naive :) )
The list of A380 orders contains one entry that does not follow the pattern - it is an order for VIP transport built to private specification. As it was recently revealed, the order came from one of oil rich monarchies where serious civil unrest has been reported recently. The monarch has eventually fled the country leaving Airbus with almost complete hull. As it was mentioned before, the hull was built to private specification similar to 747-200M combi - aft part of the body converted to cargo compartment with large door to accommodate monarch's Rolls-Royce and guard SUVs. With abrupt cancellation of the order Airbus had to find a new buyer. Surprisingly the only bid came from the international talent management company that suggested to use it as a "touring bus" for musicians of highest calibre. Indeed, the layout of the plane provided luxury accommodation for artists and road crew as well as spacious cargo bay for stage equipment. The modified specification even included the rehearsal room. Using a single plane would simplify logistics and save money for the company. With the new contract secured Airbus completed the plane in just 8 months and delivered A380-800C ( C for Combi ) in late 2014. It first was used in famous Dream Theater 2015 "Galactic Tour".
IMG_2437.jpg IMG_2439.jpg IMG_2443.jpg
IMG_2446.jpg IMG_2453.jpg IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2456.jpg IMG_2458.jpg

I started this kit very long ago but quickly lost interest. I tried to complete it in A380 STGB
eventually it occupied so much space in my workshop so I made myself to complete it. At first I wanted to make "Big Four", then Queensryche (mostly because of Triryche logo) but it is DT after all.
  • Like 3