Supermarine Spitfire Mk. IX (AZmodel) 1/72

That looks ready for flight. Very nice work. Did you add any additional detail or is she made as the kit provides?

Having a look at the AZ Spitfire Mk.IX here in my lap, I can make a few comments. First, the control surfaces are not moulded separate, so it looks like the elevators were repositioned.

And I don't see any trace at all of all those rivets on mine - but maybe I'm just too old to see them! :) (I'm talking about the very small rivets, not the ones on the wing fairing or the fasteners on the cowling.)

Excellent job, Mr. CzechKits.com!

The AZ Mk.IX is really a very nice kit. I bought the Joy Pack, very inexpensive way to get three high quality models.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. There's no rivets on mine. Really. I'm not that old! :)

• Like 1

Brilliant Spitfire! It looks great in the Desert scheme. Bill, nice to hear that the Mk.IX is a good kit - I'm thinking about getting the Joy Pack myself. I'm on a bit of Spitfire tear recently (Airfix PR.19 and F.22, Special Hobby Seafire FR.47, and Legato/AZ Models Seafire FR.46 all bought within the last three weeks or so - oh, and I just ordered a Special Hobby PR.X today).

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Extremely neat Spitfire. Hard to believe it's 1:72nd and good to see that AZ seems to be rising like a Phoenix out of the ashes of sub par kits.

I do appreciate the slightly drooped elevators – so typical of a parked Spit!

To my taste, the panel lines look a bit too emphasised, especially on the aft fuselage and the leading edges of the stabs. But then, it might be an effect of image contrast…

Excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Really nice work!

I'm on a bit of Spitfire tear recently...

Me too! I guess once you go spitfire... :)

I had never modelled one in 25+ years of building, and now suddenly I've got about 7 kits lined up. Looks like 3 more will be added thanks to the mention of the joy kit. :banghead:

• Like 1

Having a look at the AZ Spitfire Mk.IX here in my lap, I can make a few comments. First, the control surfaces are not moulded separate, so it looks like the elevators were repositioned.

And I don't see any trace at all of all those rivets on mine - but maybe I'm just too old to see them! :) (I'm talking about the very small rivets, not the ones on the wing fairing or the fasteners on the cowling.)

Excellent job, Mr. CzechKits.com!

The AZ Mk.IX is really a very nice kit. I bought the Joy Pack, very inexpensive way to get three high quality models.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. There's no rivets on mine. Really. I'm not that old! :)

Sorry, revets and separate control surfaces I do it automatically

Extremely neat Spitfire. Hard to believe it's 1:72nd and good to see that AZ seems to be rising like a Phoenix out of the ashes of sub par kits.

I do appreciate the slightly drooped elevators – so typical of a parked Spit!

To my taste, the panel lines look a bit too emphasised, especially on the aft fuselage and the leading edges of the stabs. But then, it might be an effect of image contrast…

Excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Yes, the contrast is higher. I'm learning new software

Really nice work!

Me too! I guess once you go spitfire... :)

I had never modelled one in 25+ years of building, and now suddenly I've got about 7 kits lined up. Looks like 3 more will be added thanks to the mention of the joy kit. :banghead:

:thumbsup:I have elaborated on the table next four pieces.-))