Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

Fozzy

If Fozzy had been locked up in Colditz he would have built a fleet of gliders fom bunk beds and Red Cross parcels and organised the biggest breakout in history :)

Ha ha ...love it :winkgrin:

Insanity is not the word for it, stark raving bonkers more like it.

Reminds me of Blue Peter, with what you scavenge from the waste bin but building this!!

Awesome Fozzy, I take my hat off to you , true form of modelling.

Insanity is not the word for it, stark raving bonkers more like it.

Reminds me of Blue Peter, with what you scavenge from the waste bin but building this!!

Awesome Fozzy, I take my hat off to you , true form of modelling.

All modellers are mad...are they not?? :mental: cheers!

Hi every one

I have made a little progress on the cockpit floor.

As you can see I used plastic card to construct the floor. I am planning to do most of the cockpit detail with this floor free of the fuselage....

This means that the detail under he floor will have to be sorted first...even though you won't be able to see much of it...I still have to do it else in my mind the project wont be complete!

Any way here are the photos...............

startingthecockpitfloorconstruction_zpsc

startingthecockpitfloorconstruction1_zps

startingthecockpitfloorconstruction2_zps

startingthecockpitfloorconstruction3_zps

......until we meet again...well I mean when I post next! ;)

• Like 3

This is amazing, how had I not come across it before? The interior is fantastic but what I really like is one of your earlier pictures with glancing light across the nose skin - looks so real because you can see where the framing lies under the surface!

Cheers,

Will

This is amazing, how had I not come across it before? The interior is fantastic but what I really like is one of your earlier pictures with glancing light across the nose skin - looks so real because you can see where the framing lies under the surface!

Cheers,

Will

What you can do with cameras nowadays!! ;)

This is fascinating because it gives you a good idea of how the real things were constructed. Great work.

Thanks Nigel...when scratch building I think it is important to think how the actual aircraft was built...that way it makes it easier to do and easier to understand the subject!

Hope you dont thing I am a copy cat, :pray: but you have realy wetted my whistle, and would love to give that a bash

Fill your boots my man!! :thumbsup2:

P.S stunning work you have done, but ido have one question how did you work out the print size to be 1/20?

Got the plans off the internet...checked the wing span of the real aircraft....calculated the scale I wanted and then used the printer to down scale or in this case up scale from the plans!...there simple ......not!!! :(

How on earth did I miss this thread! Fozzy, top drawer stuff mate, blardy brilliant in fact. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers me dears!

All this happened so fast I completely missed it!

Great to see you back, and what a return you've made. I really respect your ability to see and study something, and then just produce it. Unless the shoemaker's elves have moved to Bulgaria and diversified into modelling!

Al

Martin,

I am always impressed by the true modelers (as opposed to the fantastic model assemblers we see everywhere). There is so much to learn and it is humbling after one spends hours complaining about a kits failings when someone like you would just make it yourself.

:goodjob: Fozzy!

Regards,

• Like 2

I had thought about it once, to build the front end as a crashed-damaged diorama with a pilot's figure standing in front of it but since there was no kit available, I had changed my mind.

Now, that HK Models have produced one and while amazed by your scratch build skills I'm definitely thinking again of that idea.

Your build is a true inspiration Fozzy!

Cheers

Sernak

All this happened so fast I completely missed it!

Great to see you back, and what a return you've made. I really respect your ability to see and study something, and then just produce it. Unless the shoemaker's elves have moved to Bulgaria and diversified into modelling!

Al

Ha ha Al :lol: .....it would be a lot quicker and easier!!....Thanks a lot...It was quick because I had a lot of posting to catch up on as I started this project a few months back but as you see things have slowed down now !

Martin,

I am always impressed by the true modelers (as opposed to the fantastic model assemblers we see everywhere). There is so much to learn and it is humbling after one spends hours complaining about a kits failings when someone like you would just make it yourself.

:goodjob: Fozzy!

Regards,

that's very kind of you to say so.....I also moan quite a bit when things go wrong when I just can't build something :(

My gob is well and truly smacked, always great to see the innovations here, amazing work.

:goodjob::thumbsup:

Glen.

Cheers Glen ;)

I had thought about it once, to build the front end as a crashed-damaged diorama with a pilot's figure standing in front of it but since there was no kit available, I had changed my mind.

Now, that HK Models have produced one and while amazed by your scratch build skills I'm definitely thinking again of that idea.

Your build is a true inspiration Fozzy!

Cheers

Sernak

Go for it Sernak....sounds like a good idea....and thank you for your kind words :)

that's very kind of you to say so.....I also moan quite a bit when things go wrong when I just can't build something :(

The difference is, I moan when something I want to build isn't done for me! You simply moan when you're not able but at least you try!

Regards,

• Like 1