Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

Fozzy

Fozzy, before the Bf-110C, I need to build my 1:1 Il-2 Shturmovik. I actually have some real parts to put on that one. Now I just need to get some toothpicks and drink a lot more sodas (a LOT more)!

Regards,

Jason

Now I wonder if I can get these posts up to date this evening....should be able to ...I mean the wife's in UK at the moment so plenty of model time!! :thumbsup:

HERE IS THE FORWARD AMMUNITION BOXES............

nosesectionammunitionbox_zpsaad60d74.jpg

nosesectionammunitionbox2_zpsccf807bc.jp

nosesectionammunitionbox1_zps1892584a.jp

THE BLASTED NORDEN BOMB SIGHT!!!.....................

Yes my friends...what a pain this was to scratch build!! :(...This was due to the fact that all the data I had on it wasn't clear enough...the photo's were awkward angles etc, in fact I had to build two of them because the first one looked out of scale!!

I had to build the sight in two stages ....here is the lower half (and for all those Norden Bomb sight experts out there...I apologize...it was the best that I could do!)....

Nordensighthalfbuilt1_zps22041ba0.jpg

Nordensighthalfbuilt_zpscfdf724f.jpg

Nordensighthalfbuilt2_zpsdccdec8b.jpg

....and here it is all together.......

TheNordenBombsight1_zps423680f6.jpg

TheNordenBombsight_zps36821607.jpg

TheNordenBombsight2_zps9ff72b3c.jpg

TheNordenBombsight3_zps929b5cb2.jpg

• Like 3

Good Lord it's like looking at the real aircraft...

Brilliant!

Thank you very much for that...at the end of the day that is what we are all trying to achieve

HOORAY....I AM UP TO DATE WITH THIS BUILD NOW!!!..................

From now on I can post my progress normally. Thanks to everyone who has been looking and commenting on my work...I really appreciate it and it makes it all worth while :thumbsup2:

I am now working on the cockpit floor and as soon as I have any progress I will post again

see you chaps

FOZZY

Fozzy, before the Bf-110C, I need to build my 1:1 Il-2 Shturmovik. I actually have some real parts to put on that one. Now I just need to get some toothpicks and drink a lot more sodas (a LOT more)!

Regards,

Jason

Bring it on Jason...bring it on my friend!!!

• Like 2

Given the materials you use, the quality you achieve always amazes me :thumbsup:

It would be nice to see your builds in the flesh one day, may at SMW20xx :winkgrin:

Onwards and upward Foz!

PS,

Make sure you tell the wife that there will be no trips to the shops, train station, airport or gardening until this is finished

Edited by Tony C
  • Like 1

Given the materials you use, the quality you achieve always amazes me :thumbsup:

It would be nice to see your builds in the flesh one day, may at SMW20xx :winkgrin:

Onwards and upward Foz!

PS,

Make sure you tell the wife that there will be no trips to the shops, train station, airport or gardening until this is finished

Cheers Tony......she wouldn't dare!!! :winkgrin:

That's coming on very nicely!

We're going to Duxford later this week - are there any areas of the B17 that you need pictures of?

Very kind of you to offer Brian but I think I've got it covered....the internet is swamped with B17 pics...fortunately for me!!

I'm beginning to wonder why you haven't made this 1:1 because what you've produced so far looks pretty real!

The gardens too small!!!

Some guys are just born with it...hey

I think we are ALL talented here on BM Mirage!

Wot MIRAGE says...

There is a line in the sand, you regularly drag the rest of us over the bloody thing!

Outstanding dude, I can hardly wait for the next installment

b

Cheers Perdu....might be another installment later if I can this blasted drainage on my house sorted out!!!