Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

Fozzy

I just revisited this site for the first time in ages and found this....this....what the heck to call it - engineering or modelling masterpiece! Astonishing work, Fozzy! And thanks to this thread I've now spent the whole morning on my computer instead of working on my Airfix Hannover...aah well....

Ian

Edited by limeypilot

I just revisited this site for the first time in ages and found this....this....what the heck to call it - engineering or modelling masterpiece! Astonishing work, Fozzy! And thanks to this thread I've now spent the whole morning on my computer instead of working on my Airfix Hannover...aah well....

Ian

Thanks very much Ian....nice of you to say so and I am sorry if I took you away from your Hannover!! ;)

Hi there to all

Well I am really sorry to say (for me any way) that this will be the last post for quite a while :(

...because I am heading off to my Motherland for the Summer...UK that is.....it is too hot for me here in Bulgaria at this time of year and every year I go back and spend 6 to 7 weeks in the cooler climate B) ..............this of course means that I will have to down tools for a while and try to drag my self away from the work bench :angry: .....but I will be back at the end of August and I will then try to get this Project wound up ;)

So in the mean time for my last post I have started on the central console. This is not finished yet as I have a box to put on the front (auto pilot) and another box at the back of the console.....this will have to wait until the end of August.

So the first photo shows the sort of plinth that the central console is attached to...I think you can see how I built that!!.. ;)

xa003_zpsd2cd540a.jpg

The next two photos show how I have made a start on the console................

xa010_zps695c3b5e.jpg

xa009_zps96d90588.jpg

I then attempted to put all the knobs and handles on!.................

v_zpsd6f1af20.jpg

xa007_zps01dfab39.jpg

I then put the console into the cockpit to see how it scaled up........................

h_zps92459c33.jpg

xa012_zpsa6f1d985.jpg

I then added a trimming wheel to the side of the base....you can just see it in this photo.......

k_zps351bcaa9.jpg

It was time to get it looking all real!!!...in other words ...paint it!! :rolleyes: ...............which you will see in the next post......

• Like 6

Here is the Central Console with a bit of colour!!..........

xa039_zps0e83a1a1.jpg

br003_zps129f8e89.jpg

br010_zps009f0020.jpg

xa004_zps4dfdb455.jpg

xa020_zps669c1b1c.jpg

xa029_zps94d88cf4.jpg

....and because I like the photo a lot....here is the first shot again!!! ;)

xa039_zps0e83a1a1.jpg

Well sadly that's it until the end of August when I will be back with a vengeance!.....so until then I hope everyone has a great Summer and makes lots of models (lucky ba####ds) ;)

See you

Fozzy

• Like 7

... its just started to rain outside my window so welcome back to summer in England :D

That central console is astonishingly detailed and so realistic, it never ceases to amaze me how much details you can squeeze in!

... its just started to rain outside my window so welcome back to summer in England :D

Cheers Guys....and its just what the Doctor ordered Kallisti! ;) ....although I am off to the Sunshine coast in Eastbourne !!

• Like 1

Take it with you!

How can you bear to be away from it for so long?

That first & last shot needs a 109 picture head on

through the screens!

Enjoy!

We'll be waiting.

Pete

you will be missed my friend....ill wait with baited breath for your return:-) fantastic stuff!

Thanks a lot Crusty!!... :)

Please tell me that central console support isn't really 2mm by 1.8mm, so I don't have to take up knitting...

You had better get your balls out (wool that is!!) :wicked: ....as I'm afraid it is that size!! ;)

Take it with you!

How can you bear to be away from it for so long?

That first & last shot needs a 109 picture head on

through the screens!

Enjoy!

We'll be waiting.

Pete

Cheers Pete...great idea about the 109 !!.....might just draw something in for the next post! ha ha!! :D

• Like 3

Blast!!!...only been away for a few days and I am itching to get back to the bench!! :(

.....and just to let you know Jurgen....I haven't seen a drop of rain since I have been here! :P

Absolutely *sure* it's millimetres not centimetres??

crustydude thanks for the offer, I think I'd get in trouble if I raided my wife's wool stash...

• Like 1

Fantastic update man!!!

Well this time of year is the same for me as if im not working im at an airshow or airbase enjoying the good weather for photography!

Il keep an eye out for your next update at the end of August and hope you have a good break returning to the UK!

• Like 1

FOZZY,

{good job Bulgaria didn't qualify for the world cup or I would never have seen this much work updates !} :yikes::wicked:

I am dazzled by your tremendously AWESOME work.. :hypnotised:

Simply PHENOMENAL work Sir... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:heart:

• Like 2