1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109G "Gustav" family by AZmodel - released

Homebee

Special Hobby boxing - ref. SH72394 - Messerschmitt BF-109G-6 "Mersu over Finland"

A repackage of AZmodel's Bf.109G-6 with some extra detail parts and Finnish AF decals.

Sources:

http://www.specialhobby.info/2018/07/newsletter-special-hobby-718.html

http://www.specialhobby.net/2018/07/sh72394-bf-109g-6-vyber-kamuflazi-navrh.html

SH72394+boko.jpg

SH72394_Bf109G-6_dec._upr.+BLOG.jpg

V.P.

Not the best idea of SH (IMHO). The  DB605A serie from AZ being, shapewise a wrong "adaptation" of the Fine Mold model.…. Maybe SH just needed AZ plastic to sell Resin and PE to Finland ….

Would have been better if they had chosen to take the AZ Late series 109 that is better .

Happy to still have a large stock of Fine Molds models.

Madcop 😁

P.S.  Please Mr TAMIYA San or Zvezda... , give us a "baby" Bf 109G-6 !

4 hours ago, Redboost said:

Daniel, there are some internal issues between these companies and this is the consequence.

Cheers

Libor

Libor, you seem to have some inside info!

However I fail to understand how "internal issues between companies" result in one company reboxing the other's contents?

It would be interesting to know more - but only if these infos are to be unveiled to the public, of course...

6 hours ago, Redboost said:

Daniel, there are some internal issues between these companies and this is the consequence.

Cheers

Libor

Hi Libor

Nice to read from you ...

Now internal issues or not (I know it's never been that "quiet" between Czech producers ), SH had raised the bar lately with very nice , complete and well researched models. Now I can not understand why they choose to rebox lower quality product. I hope they can add on the Boxart  "PLASTIC MADE BY AZ" so as to warn their usual customers ! I suppose and I hope that Mr Riedl is not behind that !

If they want to copy Eduard, it is still up to them , but then do like Eduard and rebox good basic products.

Best regards Libor.

Daniel. 😊

Thanks , Meisnerr

Well that throws another light on the subject, As I do not want to poke my nose in somebody's else business, I won't comment. Still a bad choice for Bf 109G fans, but maybe a good one for the SH business. Who cares nowadays if it's shapewise right or wrong...only the paintwork  seems to count. The times, they are changing !

Madcop  😉

How do we know it is the early molding? Several years ago, I purchased some of the first few AZ 109’s and did find the nose shape to be not quite true to the original. Much more recently I saw an AZ build on RFI. The nose shape seemed quite right so I asked the Modeller whether that excellent work was his work or AZ’s. He replied that it was AZ’s, that he had not modified it. On the strength of that report I recently purchased a couple of AZ Bf-109F’s and found the nose shape quite satisfactory. Is it that later versions were corrected but the G’s remain unmodified?

Having built both the G and Fs, I can definitely assert that the Fs were retooled. Not obviously so but fit was much better in the Fs. I did not compare nose outlines but wouldn't be surprised if they worked on that too.

Edited by Phantome
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 12:47 PM, Phantome said:

Having built both the G and Fs, I can definitely assert that the Fs were retooled. Not obviously so but fit was much better in the Fs. I did not compare nose outlines but wouldn't be surprised if they worked on that too.

I've never built an AZ kit before but would like to add a Bf 109G-6/G-14 to my collection. Is there a preferred boxing - as far as nose shape and re-tooling is concerned? Or are they all the same?

Thanks

Ian 

2 hours ago, IanC said:

I've never built an AZ kit before but would like to add a Bf 109G-6/G-14 to my collection. Is there a preferred boxing - as far as nose shape and re-tooling is concerned? Or are they all the same?

Thanks

Ian 

Same nose problem for 109F to G-14.

The best ones (from AZ) are the AS and G-10 .

The best ones a this scale are the Fine Molds (F-to K).

Madcop

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IanC said:

Thanks

Ian 

I believe that most if not all the G-1/G-2/G-6/G-14 are the exact same sprues, just different decals for the relevant type and I think different cockpit transparencies for the older or Galland hood. Perhaps the G-6/AS are retooled since these came later, around the same time as the Fs (or after?) but I wouldn't know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New boxing

https://www.facebook.com/azmodelkits/posts/2474298142594780

- ref. AZ7614 - Messerschmitt Bf.109G-6/U/N-4 with FuG 350 Naxos

Source: http://www.azmodel.cz/2019/06/bf-109g-6-u-n4-w-fug350-naxos/