P-47D - Jugs over Germany - 1:48 Eduard

Mike

I've managed to go all these years without having a P-47 in my stash, until this reboxing of the Academy kit came along from Eduard. It's got some nice resin bits, and some PE that give the kit a lift, which coupled with the additional upgrade set result in quite a comprehensive package. I treated myself to some aftermarket barrels from Master, and she was painted with Gunze Mr Color paints, with the exception of the white, which was Alclad White Primer, as it's the best white around if you ask me.

I had quite a few screw ups along the way, most of which revolved around the decals and the paint, but managed to recover each time, and can confirm that they were all self-induced. it's the most complex paint scheme I've done yet, and I really enjoyed the challenge, although it did make me scratch my head every now and then. You can find the build thread here if you're interested :)

Enough waffle - the pics!

complete3.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

complete7.jpg

complete8.jpg

complete9.jpg

complete10.jpg

Now what? :hmmm:

• Like 27

Flippin' eck thats nice. Cracking paint job and very unusual.

Now what? :hmmm:

I vote for the 1/48 Shinden Mike. :winkgrin: You know you want to and we'd all love to see it built.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words gents... what next? The Shinden is a distinct possibility, but there's just so much that's new and shiny around presently. Gonna be a tough one :hmmm:

Very nice Mike. I don't remember this scheme. Was it used for winter 1944? I'll go and read your WIP now. Cant understand how I've missed it. Thanks for showing.

Thanks again :)

Great job Mike. Surely about time you did a jet again?

I've done a lot of jets recently... The Ta.152 is the only other prop I've done lately :hmmm:

Thanks guys - I've just noticed that I've forgotten to unmask the recognition lights on the wing :doh: It'd never win a competition, but as I'm really not bothered about that sort of thing, it'll do. The best thing this morning was my 3-year old noticed it in the cabinet, and recognises it when he sees it on my screen ^_^