ecardmodels Dh Albatross

fatalbert

Hi all,i was wondering if any of you have ever had dealings with ecardmodels,i rather like the Dh 91 Albatross and found this......

http://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/1-72-dehavilland-dh-91-paper-model.html

I dont know whether to dip my toe into the dark art of card modelling.Any advice, good or bad,would be apreciated,Many thanks and best regards........Neil

Hi Niel, I've used them loads of times and will probably use them loads more. They offer a great service and Chris is quick to respond to any queries. As for advice, print out on good quality paper, and take your time. Remember to colour the edges of the parts before assembly, usually with coloured pencils. The colour doesn't need to be an exact match, it just prevents a bright white edge. The best part is if you mess something up, you can just reprint it.

Mick

You can also use the paper model pieces as templates to make the model from sheet plastic. Use some spray contact adhesive to attach the paper patterns to the plastic, cut out, then remove the paper. Remove any adhesive with alcohol.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the input space ranger,I was wondering if I could use the paper as a template to build a plastic model,am not convinced though,cheers .......Neil

Alternately Neil

some printers, eg laser printers and commercial photocopiers print onto acetate sheet quite happily, the stuff used on Overhead projectors, so they may well be able to print onto plastic card directly.

Just an idea.... might be worth asking if anyone's done this.

• 2 weeks later...

Alternately Neil

some printers, eg laser printers and commercial photocopiers print onto acetate sheet quite happily, the stuff used on Overhead projectors, so they may well be able to print onto plastic card directly.

Just an idea.... might be worth asking if anyone's done this.

They could print on plasticard directly, but they also generate a lot of heat and would deform a plasticard sheet easily. They would also have limitations in terms of plasticard thickness Printing on paper and sticking this to the card is a better option, although some deformation of the picture can occur here too.