New Airfix 1/72nd scale Grumman Avenger- Who would like one?

tonyot

What about an Albercore now that would be a kit that sells

Rodders

Fairey Albacore- biplane? Yes I`d like one personally but I think that an Avenger might be a better seller for Airfix? As Mike said above, not everybody can afford the Hasegawa kit on the few occasions that it becomes available and it is not exactly perfect anyway, with no interior detail to speak of,......so a company like Airfix could do modellers a great service by making a better kit which is readily available and at a decent (not rip off!) price and at the same time they could replace one of their back list with a modern kit which people want.

Cheers

Tony O

I think Airfix should just kit everything that ever flew. Possibly some of it even in 1/48 or other blasphemous scales.

Yes but in what order? I mean Sea Balliol before the Attacker :thumbsup:

Trevor

How by the way a new mould Helldiver would also be welcome ...

Patrice

Academy? Or has that already been deemed to have "fatal flaws"?

Personally I'd like to see a decent A6M2-K which Airfix could produce quite easily from the basis of their recent Zero kit. New fuselage halves, a set of duplicate cockpit parts, new canopy and a couple of anti-spin strakes, perhaps target drogue canisters and an option to remove the tail cone and Robert is definitely your father's brother. There is no decent mainstream kit of this ubiquitous and colourful trainer in 1/72nd scale. :-(

Nick

'Ere,I'll bung this into the mix too:

What about updating their Skyraider too,and doing an FAA AEW kite with it :wicked:

Feel free to bung a suggestion like that in to the mix anytime! At least 3 marking options too, USN, FAA and with some careful tooling, a Swedish option too...

Mark.