1/72 - Fouga CM.170R Magister/Tzukit & CM.175 Zéphyr by Special Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

The Max Decals sheet offers some really unusual schemes and in time I can see SH releasing enough boxings that will cover them all.

For me, I want to see some more French schemes than just the Patrouille de France, The only sheet that ever did anything like that was the old but lovely Modeldecal 37.

I wish Model Art or Berna would pull their fingers out and do some as this subject is right up their street!

Edited by Wez

8 hours ago, Wez said:

The Max Decals sheet offers some really unusual schemes and in time I can see SH releasing enough boxings that will cover them all.

For me, I want to see some more French schemes than just the Patrouille de France, The only sheet that ever did anything like that was the old but lovely Modeldecal 37.

I wish Model Art or Berna would pull their fingers out and do some as this subject is right up their street!

Good evening Wez

If you are talking about this sheet https://www.scalemates.com/kits/155582-modeldecal-37-phantom-fgr2-raf-f-111e-usaf-mirage-iiie-and-magister-l-arm  

it seems that it is available there  https://www.aero-spezial-modellbauversand.de

Best regards

Patrice

10 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Wez

If you are talking about this sheet https://www.scalemates.com/kits/155582-modeldecal-37-phantom-fgr2-raf-f-111e-usaf-mirage-iiie-and-magister-l-arm  

it seems that it is available there  https://www.aero-spezial-modellbauversand.de

Best regards

Patrice

Hannants too.

Jay

Thanks gents but I have it already, it's just that it's one sheet covering three units, which is not a lot when you consider how many French units used the type.

Source: http://www.specialhobby.info/2017/08/special-hobby-newsletter-09.html

1/72 Fouga CM.170  Magister " Finnish, German and Austrian Service"

Art.No.   scale   barcode
100-SH72373   1/72   8594071086152
b773c95d-543c-4f0e-bbd9-4b93fdb68d10.jpg
d5417f38-4104-496a-82dc-097f3042efbd.jpg
cbaa13e1-2e3a-4b8b-81de-d5cb1575732e.jpg

The successful  French  Fouga CM.170 Magister lightweight  jet trainer found its origins in a powered  glider design of all-metal construction called  the C.M.8.15 which sported a butterfly style tail empennage and was designed by P.Mauboussin and J.Szydlowski. This turbojet-powered glider flew for the first time in 1949 and during development of this design a number of test machines emerged including a unique twin-fuselage aircraft designated as the Gemeaux. The final stage of  development  of the C.M.8.15 glider led to the CM.170 Magister which was designed to meet an Armée de l´Air specification and like the powered  gliders which preceded it this also sported a distinctive butterfly-type empennage.
   An initial order for three prototype Magisters was made, the first of which made its maiden flight on 23 July, 1952 and as the performance was found to be acceptable  this led to a follow on order for a batch of ten pre production aircraft. As per usual most of the prototype and pre production aircraft were used for testing of various components and improvements which  would later be incorporated  into full production airframes, the only exception to this was the second prototype which at the request of the military was modified to accept a standard fin and tailplanes. However as the flying characteristics in this configuration were found to be no better, all subsequent machines continued to feature the trademark butterfly tail. As well as serving with the French military the Magister was also an export success for Fouga which sold the type to a multitude of foreign operators and it was even built under licence in three countries. The first licence-built Magisters entered service with the air forces of  Germany and Finland in 1958 where they also joined French-built Magisters and the third licence producer of the Magister was Israel, which produced its first aircraft in 1960. The Israeli Magisters were known locally as the Tzukit (or Thrush) and as well as basic training they were also used in the light-attack role where they proved successful during several of the Israeli-Arab conflicts. In the ground attack role the Magister could carry a pair of machine guns fitted in the nose section and various weaponry was mounted  under the wings in the form of bombs and unguided rockets.
   Within Europe the Magister was flown by France, Belgium, Austria and Ireland but there were also many other operators  worldwide in Africa, Asia and South America, many of whom were no doubt attracted by its lightweight design and low operating costs. Among these far flung operators  were countries such as Algeria, Bangladesh, Biafra, Brazil, El Salvador, Libya, Morocco, Togo and Uganda. Some Fougas are still flying these days, many of them in civilian hands.
The kit comes on four sprues of grey styrene and one frame with clear parts. A full colour instruction booklet will guide the modeller throughout the build. The marking options offer three schemes. Finnish Magister FM-65 flew in aluminium finish with orange high visibility markings and had the unit’s badge of three bird silhouettes over a blue cloud on its forward fuselage. The German option wore fuselage number codes 93-03 and was operated by the Bundesmarine, or German Navy. The machine was painted in camouflage scheme, again with orange hi-vis markings. The final option is that of the Austrian 4D-YT machine, this one similar to the Finnish trainer, again in aluminium overall with hi-vis orange on the nose, wingtips and empennage.

V.P.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Scheduled for a February 2019 release, the Special Hobby's Fouga CM.170 Magister / IAI Tzukit kit  - ref. SH72375 - will be very easily recognizable on the hobby shop shelves by this stunning piece of art on its boxtop. Painted, as always, by the famous Standa Hajek.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/photos/a.458974014197468/2052895751471945/

47298311.jpg

V.P.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Tbolt said:

The boxart for new boxing SH72371  ‘French, Belgian and Irish Service’ The kit will be released during spring of 2020.

At last!

On 3/2/2020 at 9:47 PM, Eric B. said:

At last... really!!!

Indeed! 🙂 I wonder which Belgian livery will be provided: aluminium and dayglo, that single one in SEA camo everyone is doing or the Red Devils acrobatic display team... (hoping for the latter)