1/48 Hasegawa P-40K, 64th FS

Brewer

Moving right along now. Washed and flat coated, and now the exhaust staining.

For the exhaust, I used a heavily diluted mix of Tamiya German Grey and Red Brown (90% isopropyl alcohol, 10% paint) followed by an equally thin mix of Tamiya Medium Sea Grey

First the Grey/Red Brown mix:

11735270906_a479b41304_o.jpg

Then the Medium Sea Grey:

11734919164_fdddcdaf28_o.jpg

And here it is unmasked and mocked up, won't be long now!

11734919004_e404b8e4bb_o.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks! Haha someone asks about my stand in every one of my threads - it's from www.flightpose.com :thumbsup2:

Their very nice stands pity the postage costs more than the stand, as that's very reasonably priced, and then there's the possability of HMRC hiking the costs up.

Pity no one over here stocks them

Almost done with paint. Just some OD rectangles on either side of the tail for the tail codes and it will be ready for gloss for the rest of the markings in decals

I'm not sure what the deal is, but every time I use MrColor lacquers the colors change over the course of a few days of curing. Dry to the touch immediately, but the color changes over time... odd

11608289984_b6592ef92b_o.jpg

I love the Gunze lacquers, bloody brilliant paints. I haven't noticed the change in color over time but I can understand that this could occur during the drying process. Put it down to color variation and effects of weather on the plane lol The P-40 is looking lovely mate, keep it up.

Only just caught up with this one, and CRIKEY!!! That is absolutely superb. That has got to be one of, if not THE best 1/48 warbird cockpits I've seen, and the rest of the build has just blown me away.

Top job fella, now I'm watching.....

You guys flatter me! :)

It's 99% complete, next pics will be posted in Ready For Inspection. All that's left are the gunsight posts in front of the windscreen and the antenna wires. Pitot is not glued in yet, so it's sagging a bit

11810587604_169b9dacc8_o.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome work as always Jason! Almost done. Any idea what you might build next? :coolio:

Jim Root :thumbsup:

Thanks Jim! I think next i'll build a Tamiya Mossie recce bird with Paragon 2-stage Merlins in PRU blue with invasion stripes ;)

• Like 1