question about Seafire 47 wheels and rockets.

Pablo

Hi guys, well, I will start a seafire 47 from special hobby (a beautiful plane), I saw on some pictures that the wheels have a tread , there are replacement resin wheels with those tread in 1/72 ?

seaf.jpg

also the 60lbs rockets are too thick, so the same question .. there are replacement rockets in this scale ? (maybe resin + PE ?) the configuration is two rockets in each point.

Cheers

Edited by Pablo

High Planes do a 60ib rocket set suitable for Hurricanes, Typhoons etc, I don't know if that would be of any use for a Seafire 47 though.

Also, the Academy Tempest comes with rockets. It may be worth checking those out.

Reading an article by an ex-FAA pilot, recently, he stated that smooth tyres were standard for ship-borne aircraft, specifically to allow the wheels to move sideways on wet, slippery decks.

Edgar

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Reading an article by an ex-FAA pilot, recently, he stated that smooth tyres were standard for ship-borne aircraft, specifically to allow the wheels to move sideways on wet, slippery decks.

Edgar

That stands about right Edgar: I know some mistakenly state the cross pattern tread and when they think about it realise it can't be true; but for example; in the Korean theatre it was found that the more rubber on deck, and at a few pounds pressure less was better in the worst of the weather conditions. Their only problem was the SQM...until tracking failure of grooved tyres became patently dangerous. I suggest no one assumes USMC tyre tread patterns were universal and operational experience demanded what was required.

So, even though a USMC Corsair had the misfortune of being catapulted off of the highest cat rating, aboard HMS Glory and nearly ditched as a result, the tread pattern had nothing to do with the fact that it nearly had a power stall straight into the 'oggin. It's the landing n' handling that count...not the tracking on an oil/paraffin soaked deck. On PSP, coral or sand that's different! Bald tyres in the wet actually work...don't tell the police that though!

Ashore, that's a different matter!