Bladerunner - Film Noir

It definitely gets better when it cuts back to the Vangelis soundtrack......IMHO Bladerunner is still one of the best Sci-Fi films of all time. :coolio:

Personally I still generally prefer the original 'Voiceover Cut' to the 'Director's Cut' although the ending is more than a bit cheesy. :nerd:

• Like 1

Agreed, one of my all time favourites. I prefer the directors cut but only because I know what is going on, if it your first time of watching the voiceover helps to make more sense of it all.

One of the best soundtracks ever as well (along with the Blues Brothers).

Andrew

Me too.

Original UK release, With voiceover.

I think it adds atmosphere.

Is that the one where Decker and his simulant

'friend' escape to the country in a truck but surrounded by advertising hoardings?

Trevor

Is that the one where Decker and his simulant

'friend' escape to the country in a truck but surrounded by advertising hoardings?

Trevor

Yup that's the one.....The 'Director's Cut' does a better job of resolving the plot, but loses some of the unique atmosphere provided by the voiceover of the original IMHO. :nerd:

First saw it at the cinema and it's stuck with me all these years.....Visually it's still never been matched, Cameron's much vaunted 'Avatar' looks like it was drawn in crayons by a six year old In comparison. :rolleyes:

brcap001.jpg

Blade_Runner%60.jpg

bladerunner1.jpg

1336756413-blade-runner2.jpg

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

This was discussed in an earlier thread on here.

It came down to this, The Detective making the Origami unicorns (Gaff) is making a point & it is a clue

as to what is going on. In one version of the film, Deckard dreams of a Unicorn.

This implies that he also is a Simulant & has implanted memories, Based upon the memories of Gaff.

The Decard simulant idea is reinforced in the books of K W Jeter.

And, If you watch the youtube clips below, Deckards piano has old pictures on it, Exactly as the other simulants had.

The only jarring note is it seems that his wife left recently. But then note what Rachel says in the car, & his reply.

Personally I don't care either way. I just sit, soak it in & enjoy it, whichever version I watch is breathtaking in concept & execution.

Pete

Edited by Pete in Riyadh

Was going to expound on my theories at length here.....But then something new occurred to me and I need to check the film to be sure! :nerd:

In the meantime, here's some clips from the cutting room floor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iPeN0xZDpg

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead