Wellingtons of Numbers 99, 215 and 221 Squadrons

Tom Hall

I never got around to buying Bloody Shambles III but suspect there is not much in it about Wellington ops in India and Burma.

Does anyone know of any 99, 215 or 221 Squadron Wellington lost to either Japanese aircraft or Japanese AA fire? If there was such, could I ask for the details, please?

BTW a year ago or so I have started a thread concerning another SEAC Wellington unit - the No 36 Squadron. Any photos of Mk IC Wimpeys from their Indian ops are warmly welcome.

Would have to read the third volume of the series for this info but I am fairly sure there is some info there.

Nick

Thank you for number 36 Squadron. My materials are so poor that that one had escaped me completely. I extend my question to it as well.

I never got around to buying Bloody Shambles III but suspect there is not much in it about Wellington ops in India and Burma.

Does anyone know of any 99, 215 or 221 Squadron Wellington lost to either Japanese aircraft or Japanese AA fire? If there was such, could I ask for the details, please?

"A" of 99 Squadron, no s/n, 28 November 1943, on a raid with 99 and 215 to bomb a storage depot at Inesin.

There are doubtless more, but the index to the book is rather terrible.

Thank you very much. It is those doubtless others that I hope to learn more about.

Thank you.