Garage diorama - Progress

Hi everyone - I have been thinking about building some sort of garage diorama, one as a display for my 1/32 cars and two as a backdrop to photograph the cars - Now I have no idea about diorama's and am looking for any guidance, ideas etc please

Thanks Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

I though that this looked fantastic:

http://scalescenes.com/products/T017-Garage

I was looking at it for 1/24, and I thought it would be do-able to scale it up, but probably a bit fuzzy. I think with 1/32, where you're basically scaling up each A4 sheet to A2 might be alright. If nothing else, you could use the design as a template to build something bigger...

bestest,

M.

Hi, has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could go about making steel garage shelving, the type with slotted uprights where you bolt on the shelves - I can use plastic angle for the uprights but what about representing the slots? any thoughts / suggestions are most welcome

Regards

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

those garages look excellent! The easiest (and cheapest) way to represent scale Dexion would be to print it onto card through an inkjet printer then fold the angled uprights and make up the shelves. See your PM's!

My 1/32 Matchobx Packard refurb laid over the plan for the garage, the bottom three columns from the right, all front walls and the first side wall on the right will be omitted and the roof cut across at an angle so that the diorama can be used as a backdrop for photographing my planned 1/32 builds

Link to Packard refurb thread, http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234948355-matchbox-132-packard-victoria-refurb/

wayne

IMG_3390.jpg

A bit of progress on the building - it takes ages to score all the blockwork!! Anyway some pics for you. If I were to do this again I would make the walls from one piece and add detail for the columns rather than have them separate as I have made them -

IMG_3416.jpgIMG_3420.jpgIMG_3421.jpg