Derek Meddings would, I'm sure, tick the like box.

I think he was the man who introduced panel lines & weathering!

I love it.

I always did wonder though, How did it get back below that house after flight.

Pete

It landed backwards, you see it during one episode and they have really clever ventilation systems where the exhaust gases go backwards into the engines! Ingenious!

Well, they probably can't afford to pay the carbon credits for all that CO2... :lol:

Love it.I got the same kit from hobbylink about the same time as you did.Wondering if a yellow primer would make the orange look to reddish? plus taking the semi gloss to a matt finish is the way I was thinking of going with this.Either way I love your Dio great stuff.

Cheers

There is a rumour that the round house was built from a discarded version of TB5.

I believe it's actually the other way around. The Round House came first and Derek seized on it as inspiration for TB5 when he needed an idea for the design in a bit of a hurry. Or so he says in his book 21st Century Visions, and the story is repeated in other references like Chris Bentley's Complete Book of Thunderbirds, though that may simply be quoting Derek's story.

Getting back to the model, I think it looks great. The panel lines are a bit heavy to my mind -- they were never that visible on screen -- but that may be a result of the size of the "trenches"; if you want to make them visible at all, they end up as you have them. I repeat, the whole scene is an excellent piece of work. Very well done.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...

That’s excellent work. I have just bought one of those and was interested to note that the fins and top of the ‘skirt’ should be painted Phtalo Cyanne blue, available in the Gunze range. Footage from Sun Probe disproved that.

• 4 weeks later...

Its too fragile to transport nowadays, got too bashed about travelling around shows over the years. I've got another copy of the TB3 kit in the stash with the silo they did a few years back... one day...

• Haha 1