Hasegawa 1:48 'Junglie' Sea King Mk4 ZF121 circa 1996 (2 more images on P2)

Wow - I just read through your WIP - very impressive detailing there. All very much worth the effort! It looks fantastic - not overly weathered which I actually like

Job well done!

MH

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind feedback. I'm glad my modelling skills are progressing in the right direction. I still only consider myself a novice but by thunder did I enjoy building it. Which in my opinion is 90% of the hobby... Thanks again..

I can only advise that when you go for a difficult subject (and it helps to be passionate about it) expect it to go wrong a few times; but you also have a back up plan as I did (extra donor kit). I've also learned that it's ok to fail it at times but to leave it, think and go back and have another go. The only area that is not forgiving in the slightest is the windows!

Excellent model.

I loved the build thread and the way you posted the colour variations you tried. Really helpful for those of us who will tread the path later.

I dont think I'll try the open nose though, there are usually enough bits to knock off a helecopter model without asking for more!

Colin

• Like 1

stunning sea king mate

I wonder if you know my brother in law his an air engineering officer on junglie squadrons and was based in sunny somerset I wont put his name and current posting down for obvious reasons .

drop me a pm .

cheers stu

• Like 1

Thanks Colin and Stu,

I was but a lowly AB and left Junglies in 97, so if you still think I might know him let him/me know ^_^

Here are a few more images I've uploaded that I think are worth a looksie...

DSC_1083_zps6d68e605.jpg

DSC_1077_zpsd5391ea7.jpg

Crikey at this zoom level you can't half see the foibles! lol :blush:

Great Job Royster, I'm not really into helicopters but I'm liking all the detail on this one mate. :speak_cool:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...