Hasegawa 1:48 'Junglie' Sea King Mk4 ZF121 circa 1996 (2 more images on P2)

After spending the best part of 5 months building this I am quite pleased with how it's finally turned out.

During my time on the 'Junglie Circuit' I cut my engineering teeth on this airframe: ZF121 from 772 Squadron then I met her up again on 846 Squadron. Where I worked with it in Northern Ireland

I hope you like her

DSC_1106_zps1c2fadca.jpg

DSC_1105_zps5fa7de2c.jpg

DSC_1104_zps5a8ccd4b.jpg

DSC_1103_zpsc7659886.jpg

DSC_1102_zps0e1592d4.jpg

DSC_1101_zps3aeaec3e.jpg

DSC_1097_zpsce8e95bf.jpg

DSC_1092_zpsf938a7ba.jpg

There are more images but didn't want to swamp all the bandwidth hehe

Edited by Royster
  • Like 11

Lovely build! From 1994 to 1997 I worked as an AES handler in Belfast, but used to spend a hell of a lot of time onboard on Op Grenada or Interknit, so used to cabby out to the minesweepers on one of those to be winched on for 2 weeks at a time with the trusty hound before being winched off at the end. Loved flying in them and the aircrew were outstanding, they had to be!

One to do in my stash, so will be looking at this for pointers. What is the difference between the US tail and the UK tail apart from the stabiliser length?

• Like 1

Awesome build of a helicopter who's day are sadly nearly over in service. Love this scheme and it certainly looks realistic.

• Like 1

Thanks again all.

Greg: The Westland tail is slightly steeper and a little shorter. It might be enough of a difference but whether I perform the same operation given the small difference next time will remain to be seen hehe

was thinking about doing one of the flightpath conversions, but looking through your wip on this i may give it a miss for a while.

you did a cracking job on yours, super.

• Like 1