1/48 - Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" by Kinetic - released - Begemot decals+Master pitot

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you two are right. I've kept quiet since I heard the news and felt a bit deflated because after my last struggles with their kits, the name Kinetic fills me with dread.

Not a criticism of a kit I have yet to see, just hope that they produce a gem.

... after my last struggles with their kits, the name Kinetic fills me with dread.

You cannot really judge current Kinetic kits from their past kits. Fit improved starting from the AMX as high-precision milling was introduced. Apparently the F/A-18 will introduce a single-piece bottom fuselage including the missile fairings (separate parts in Has or HB kits).

Edited by Laurent

My AMX kit fitted somewhat less than wonderful for me. I was disappointed overall with the landing gear assembly, wing to fuselage fitting and forward fuselage fit. To save tooling by producing fuselage parts interchangable with single and two seater version I would have to question but I am not a manufacturer. The AMX was my first and could be my last purchase.

But it could be just me being a bit lazy in building in my old age.

I really don't know what to expect from the kit, since it's sort of a re-box of someone else's kit that was never released.

It's not really a Kinetic kit, since it was designed and at least some of the tooling was done by Aviation Art. And since it would have been their first kit, who knows what kind of quality to expect. And, since I don't think Aviation Art completed the tooling, at least some of it would have had to have been done by Kinetic.

On the other hand, the stuff AA did looked great, and pretty reminiscent of GWH. Which would be a very, very good thing.

Ultimately, I expect we'll have to wait and see what the final product looks like (and how it goes together), but so far, everything seems *really* promising.

You cannot really judge current Kinetic kits from their past kits. Fit improved starting from the AMX as high-precision milling was introduced. Apparently the F/A-18 will introduce a single-piece bottom fuselage including the missile fairings (separate parts in Has or HB kits).

I know what you're saying, but then I can't judge them on their future kits either. The last Kinetic kit I half built and which is sitting on the shelf of doom is their Kfir. I'm not sure if it was issued pre or post AMX, but my experience with it was not the best. General opinion on that kit seems ok though and maybe I just got a bad one.

I'm not looking to bash Kinetic here - I like the company and the way they conduct themselves on the forums and I realise , also ,that this is not a thread to discuss the company, but rather their forthcoming kit - which I hope is a success!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...