1/48 - Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" by Kinetic - released - Begemot decals+Master pitot

Homebee

Wow! If this is a test shot then the production kit should be nothing short of a jewel. I can only judge form those pictures but the close-up pics suggest extremely fine, well-moulded, crisp detail, subtle shapes, multiple slide-mould technology etc. etc. .A little flash here and there, but that should be ironed out before production. Too bad the subject is not really on my (already too long) wish list so I will give it a miss, but I wish the company EVERY success, both commercially and credibility wise. I'll be watching out for builds, reviews and, hopefully, their next kit!

Jeffrey

Yeees

Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.658404160915520.1073741828.631889120233691&type=3

First Test Shot of the 1:48 Su-33

Aviation Art Model Kits

This is the first test shot of the 1:48 Su-33. As you review these please keep TEST SHOT in mind, as there are flaws, sink marks, short shots, and similar, but those will be worked out before the kit is released. We will be taking more photos, including test fits over the next few days, so stay tuned! Enjoy your first look at this upcoming kit with over 50 photos. Price and release date are still TBD.

10487609_658405230915413_312459856961992

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Looking very good. Going by their commitment to model production their next release, Tomcat family, is the one I am looking forward to.

Robert

Looking very good. Going by their commitment to model production their next release, Tomcat family, is the one I am looking forward to.

Robert

As far as it's known their next kit should be a 1/48th North American OV-10 Bronco family.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234948233-148th-north-american-ov-10-bronco-by-aviation-art-in-2014/?p=1429175

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

:analintruder:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aviation-Art-Model-Kits/631889120233691?fref=photo

Fit check! Testing the main wing spar and then how the wing fold hinges fit. Note the fit is completely unmodified from the test shot parts, no clean-up, no seam scraping. Two sets of spars are included in the kit one for wings extended one for wings folded.

10552361_659040567518546_549080429627421

10463853_659040617518541_753630355674992

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

WOW!

:)

I am curious how these will look besides an Flanker from Academy sizewise!

I'm not quite sure I understand the question ???

They are both the same scale and dimensionally the real aircraft (Su-27 and Su-33) are the same - so the models would be the same size.

The Academy 1/48 scale Su-27 model is slightly too short in length - but the real Su-33 has a shorter tailboom anyway.

The only dimensional difference between the two is that the Su-33 has a bigger wing area and slightly shorter fin tips and tailboom (to fit inside the hangar deck).

Placed side-by-side on a table, you shouldn't see much difference between the two models.

Ken

Robert

Ooooooh, be still my heart, are they really doing a Tomcat sometime in the future?

Edited by hoppie

• 2 weeks later...

The test shot was on display at the IPMS Nats 2014.

Source: http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/ipms2014.shtml

Last but certainly not least, the representative for the Aviation Art team stopped by our IPMS/USA booth to show us some test shots of their upcoming Su-33 Sea Flanker kit and as you'll see below, this kit is a beauty and yet it is still a work in progress. They've done some interesting molding here with nice detailing provided on the bottoms of the weapons pylons as well as the scoops on the twin vertical stabilizers cast hollow. The Aviation Art name may also change before this first production release but we'll let you know when (if) that happens. They also have an impressive line-up of subjects to follow so this is a company to follow!

avart03t.jpg

avart12.jpg

avart13.jpg

avart14.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=268873&view=findpost&p=2674086

Zactoman user_popup.png

Bad news...

After all that hard work, the kit is as far as I know, in limbo.

There was apparently some dispute between the team that developed the kit and the guy with the money.

I don’t know if/when the Su-33 will be released.

I’m have requested that this thread be locked.

The new owners of the kit will likely start a new thread if/when they are ready to make an announcement.

The good news is that I’ve continued working with the same development team and they have started a new company, “Halo Scale”.

Look forward to some awesome kits!!!

271.gif

Chris

V.P.

Good morning folks, finally have some official news to report. Due to an internal dispute, this kit will come out under another brand. We are not sure of the time frame, but at such time as things get clarified, and corrections done on the existing tooling, there will be a new page for the new brand.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

WHy is it sooooooo hard to release a decent new SU-27/33 kit in 1/48th scale??!!

I had been out of the hobby for 19(!) years and when I came back at it there was still no new/updated kit to todays standards available... Got my hopes up for the HB/Trumpy kits, dead end.. Got my hopes up for the AA kit, dead end.. It would be sooo cool!

Reg. Jeroen

Edited by Robotics

• 1 month later...

A new hope.
There's a rumor saying the project is now in very good hands. praying-emoticon.gif
An established company might have purchased the moulds/project.

Keep calm and fingers crossed.

To be followed.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

A new hope.

There's a rumor saying the project is now in very good hands. praying-emoticon.gif

An established (reported chinese) company might have purchased the moulds/project.

Keep calm and fingers crossed.

To be followed.

V.P.

:jelly: Delighted with these news!