P-51 Mustang II Single Type Group Build

I agree, I'm thinking about the Barracudacals sheet for my Airfix P-51

I looked at that too. Think I may just go with a bit of scalpel work to create "Lollipop" instead.

• 1 month later...

ok this thread has been quiet for a while so this will probably change that....

I am now seriously thinking of building the Fisher 1/32 RB-51 for this build! The thought of all the resin gets me pretty excited!!

Cause it's such an awesome model I was wondering if I can also run a build thread in the WIP section at the same time???? It's now a pretty rare model (ok very rare) and if I do go ahead with the build I'd like to share with as many members as possible!

I know some people don't think it's a true Mustang, but it does actually have a P-51 wing and not a wing from a Learjet, the wing has been clipped only. So other than a modified cockpit and Allison engine (P-51's had those.......though not quite the counter-rotating props) it's still a Mustang.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two months to go before this GB(ST) begins, chaps- time to start remembering what you were planning to do, where the kit is, what else you need to procure... or, optionally, come up with a completely new idea!

bob

I have decided that I am going to model my 1/32 F-6 as a standard P-51D with removing the panel that has the camera details on it.

I am going to source out a sheet of Tuskegee Airmen decals- doing the wee Airfix kit has given me a taste for doing redtails.

• 2 weeks later...

I must check out future group builds section more often I genuinely just discovered this one,perfect timing just got Tamiya,s RAF and USAAC

boxings last week on the cheap so would love to join the build with you folks on a double build in 1/48.

Welcome, Steve! And only a month to launch date... oh dear, that means I have to start taking this seriously. Well, at least figure out what I'm doing for it.

bob

Edited by gingerbob

I must check out future group builds section more often I genuinely just discovered this one,perfect timing just got Tamiya,s RAF and USAAC

boxings last week on the cheap so would love to join the build with you folks on a double build in 1/48.

Welcome Steve sounds a good plan look forward to your builds

Les

11 06 2014

I had thought I'd signed up, but I guess I didn't . Add me to the list please...South American Mustangs ... here I come!

Liam

Welcome to the build look forward to seeing your build

Les