P-51 Mustang II Single Type Group Build

There's an ebay seller called kitshobby2011 that I've used recently. He's away until the middle of the month so isn't showing any stock just now, but I have seen PLAAF P-51D decals in his list.

While I'm here, could I join in? My last effort was a bit shonky so I'd like another go - usual drill, random Latin American P-51D using Aztec decals, but this time using the Airfix 1/72 kit.

Andy

Thanks for mentioning those Andy. Did see those while doing some initial research but with Paul sorting me out with some decals I'm covered cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I ought to be able to do something- but no idea what subject yet (got several on the "to do" PRIORITY list). I might need a reminder when the time comes, though. Meanwhile, back to the XF5F, except for the Vampire distraction, and what about those couple of Hurricanes I meant to do earlier this year? or the...

bob

p.s. Undoubtedly 48th- I don't yet have the confidence to desecrate my 32nd Tamiya.

Edited by gingerbob

Hey y'all, I'm new here but a long time lurker... I'll hop in on this if I may, I suspect a group build might be just the thing to spur me on to actually finish a kit in decent time.

I'll be in with a Tamiya 1/48 Mustang III which has been on the list for a while, most likely done up as the machine used by 617 sqn for target marking. Got until next July to decide for certain anyhoo!

Jon

Hey y'all, I'm new here but a long time lurker... I'll hop in on this if I may, I suspect a group build might be just the thing to spur me on to actually finish a kit in decent time.

I'll be in with a Tamiya 1/48 Mustang III which has been on the list for a while, most likely done up as the machine used by 617 sqn for target marking. Got until next July to decide for certain anyhoo!

Jon

Welcome Jon ,good to see the 617 Mustang ,think I have the markings if you need them ,PM me if you do

Les

Les, cheers for the kind offer, I have the Xtradecal 617 sheet already (bought it for the Mosquito markings but haven't quite got round to that build yet either :whistle: ).

The only thing I think I need to do a bit of research on is the type of bombs that would be carried for target marking.

I'm considering this one,with the same kit,too.

If I have read this the right way the 617 Squadron Mustangs were used on daylight ops only and target marking devices were not carried.I am of the opinion that they were used as the bombing leaders mount providing guidance to the target marking element of the force by radio.

I'm considering this one,with the same kit,too.

If I have read this the right way the 617 Squadron Mustangs were used on daylight ops only and target marking devices were not carried.I am of the opinion that they were used as the bombing leaders mount providing guidance to the target marking element of the force by radio.

To be honest and not wishing to go off topic that is totally the opposite to what I have read. If anyone is interested I'll find the book I read it and post the details.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for a Co Host so please any body wants to help let me know , Interested parties so far are ,

Wellzy

Sammy da fish

mango 1974

thickyrich

Mish

depressed lemur

Alan Kelly

Jessics

Max Headroom

Kallisti

Crossy

John_W

Rabbit Leader

Peter W

Arniec

Dazzio

Speedman

Enzo

Col

Bonhoff

Steven

Paul J

Black Knight

Harry Lime

Pabbi

Carerbannog

Kwaterous

Gingerbob

Foxbat

hgbn

Jorgen Stendahl

If I have got any names wrong let me know Cheers Les (wellzy :coolio: )

Edited by wellzy

if you're really desperate I'll stick my hand up and do it......though you might regret it! :D

Just checked date, hopefully I've finished this silly FIFO stuff by then......... got an A-36 just waiting for me!!!

Not sure what scheme it's going to be, but guess there's time to sort that out!

if you're really desperate I'll stick my hand up and do it......though you might regret it! :D

Just checked date, hopefully I've finished this silly FIFO stuff by then......... got an A-36 just waiting for me!!!

Not sure what scheme it's going to be, but guess there's time to sort that out!

Thanks Rich thats good ,AM kit or you going 1/72

Les

I am looking for a Co Host so please any body wants to help let me know , Interested parties so far are ,

Wellzy

If I have got any names wrong let me know Cheers Les (wellzy :coolio: )

I think you missed a couple of letters out of Foxbat :winkgrin:

Andy