P-51 Mustang II Single Type Group Build

Thanks Mish

OK Guys we have a go ,thanks to those who have put there down ,and I will be looking for a Co Host so please any body wants to help let me know , Interested parties so far are ,

Wellzy

Sammy da fish

mango 1974

thickyrich

Mish

depressed lemur

Alan Kelly

Jessics

Max Headroom

Kallisti

Crossy

John_W

Rabbit Leader

Peter W

Arniec

Dazzio

Speedman

Enzo

Col

Bonhoff

Steven

Paul J

Black Knight

Harry Lime

Pabbi

Carerbannog

Kwaterous

Gingerbob

If I have got any names wrong let me know Cheers Les (wellzy :coolio: )

Edited by wellzy

I'd like to join in with this one, if I may.

I was in the previous P-51 GB but I failed miserably! :fraidnot: I tried using Aires wheelbays on the 1/48 Tamiya kit. They simply don't fit :( and I lost all motivation...

So now I need to find some redemption. I will be building exactly the same subjects as I intended to build last time. Both P-51Ds: one from the RNZAF and an RAAF target tug.

The kits I used last time are more than 25% complete, so I'll be starting afresh. However, the GB kits may well pick up the other two and drag them in their wake, so hopefully I'll end up with four and a minor reduction in the Shelf of Shame! :)

Wellcome Enzo I look forward to your build ,know what you mean about the wheel bays

Les

You mean Kallisti surely? Who is this Kellsti - sounds dodgy to me! ;)

Sorry Kallisti all put right now ,any more lol

Came across a profile for a few D models that had been Nationalist Chinese (Taiwan) but fell into the hands of mainland Chinese forces and the simple scheme of natural metal with the red star and bands looked quite striking and unusual in my opinion. If I can find decals to suit for the new Airfix kit I'll join the fun.

Can Wellzy publish the eligablity rules please.

I perused the previous GB, and note P-51s, F51s, CoIn-exotics and two F-82 starters.

I've got an F-82 Twin Mustang that I'd like to offer - if they're allowed.

Yes as I said on chat A 36 P51 F51 F82 if it is P51based it`s in

Les

Edited by wellzy

In that case, leave the Tamiya one in the stash until the GB and get your hand in with an ICM kit. It is almost identical to the Tamiya kit but about two thirds of the price.

Crikey - The Tamiya only cost me a fiver from Hobbycraft (Right place, right time) so could I find an ICM kit for £3.30?

• Like 1

Came across a profile for a few D models that had been Nationalist Chinese (Taiwan) but fell into the hands of mainland Chinese forces and the simple scheme of natural metal with the red star and bands looked quite striking and unusual in my opinion. If I can find decals to suit for the new Airfix kit I'll join the fun.

Welcome aboard Col

Les

I'm in with a Tamiya P-51D - if I too can resist building it till then

If not you can get another on lol

welcome on board Les

• Like 1