Trumpeter 1:350 USS Saratoga

Shar2

Well buddy never heard you complain about a kit like you did about this one , but when I saw her last night I've got to say it looks very very very good

Those look fiddly! :nerd:

Nothing is fiddly to a proper modeller Mike get a few kits under belt and who knows what you'll turn out :bleh:

Fiddly isn't the word Mike :frantic: That and the fact Trumpeter don't provide enough coloured chevrons for the tops of the wings or stripes for the fuselage of the right size, there are loads that have to be cut to fit.

Some more aircraft done. The small biplanes are BFC's, the larger monoplanes are SBU2's and the small monoplane is a Buffalo. I think that'll be it for aircraft as I'm going cross eyed. Just a bit more rigging to do and it will be finished.

carrier4.jpg

carrier5.jpg

carrier6.jpg

carrier7.jpg

• Like 2

8" guns on a carrier! Those were the days....!

Naah - big guns / missiles on carriers just encourage the Fish'eads to put them in harm's way so they can play with their toys. It's an airfield - so lots and lots of point defence, please, but nothing to make the Gunnery Officers want to dash about playing battleships!

[i know Saratoga started life as a battlecruiser, so we can make an exception in her case!]

• Like 1

I know what you mean, I was thinking from the point of view that they had enough big guns in the fleet to consider putting 8in on a carrier (which is actually a transport and a fat juicy target as opposed to a warship!)

Al

Edited by PHaTNesS

Fortunately they saw the light, and the turrets of both the Lexington and Saratoga were landed to be used as shore batteries in the defence of Hawaii. The Saratoga was then fitted with the standard twin 5" gun turrets of the day.