Converting a Fouga Magister into an IAF Tzoukit in 1/48

Greetings from Greece.
First of all I would like to congratulate all of you for this magnificent site,and the fantastic pieces of art that includes.
About my project,an incomplete vac model I left long time ago due to lack of info,concerns a conversion of the 1/48 Koster Aero Enterprises Fouga Magister into a IAF built Tzoukit trainer.
A lot of work and detailing thanks to Isaac's walkaround photos and many thanks to all people that helped me by providing useful information.
At the moment cockpit and turbomeca marbore engine is finished as well as some control panels are opened for avionic details awaiting installment.
So be patient,stay tuned and please feel free to comment .
Thank you,and nice to meet you.

pinkpanzer

Thats how will looks like... the "tzukit"...

324891183192343jw3.jpg

Edited by PinkPanzer

So,this is the kit's box from Koster Aero Enterprises in 1/48 (Kit No.27),ordered from USA.

dscf1861vitj0.jpg

The kit contains 10 vac-formed parts,57 resin,2 clear for the canopy,5 in metal,and a excellent Micro scale's,designed by Isra Decals,decal sheet depicting 5 israel options from 1960 to 1980,one from the well known acrobatic team,2 French and 2 Finnish.

And the construction begins:

dscf0710vijh2.jpg

And here you can see the real 'beast' (due to runing at very high rpm it produces a high frequency sound that is very unpleasant.) its engines,2 x Turbomeca Marbore 6,for comparison.(Some here are the initial type II,but tzukit's are similar)

018bntf9.jpg

marbore2fphotott5.jpg

00012sz0.jpg

pict2628cu1.jpg

pict2662yr1.jpg

1007487ffb8.jpg

Carrying on with my second part of the tzukit construction,is the cockpit,rather diferent from fouga's:

tzukit_003_of_110t.jpgtzukit_005_of_110t.jpgtzukit_007_of_110t.jpgtzukit_044_of_110t.jpgtzukit_045_of_110t.jpg

Sides of the 'bath' were made from pieces of evergreen styrene plastic sheets,rods,aluminum foil,photo etched parts from other sets for bezels and roundels,blocks of resin and a lot of epoxy glue ...

dscf1852viqh9.jpg

dscf1853vipc6.jpg

dscf1855vinx7.jpg

dscf1874viag2.jpg

dscf1894viga2.jpg

• Like 1

Those Turbomeccas are works of ART! Indeed those engines are rather "unpleasant" to listen to. In the states, they were license built and installed in the T-37 "Tweet" training jets that the USAF used for many years. It was probably the only production jet engine that produced more noise than thrust.

I am watching this build with interest as well since the Fouga is one of my favorite aircraft. Its a pity I sold my Koster Magister kit a couple years ago though.

Thank you JM,glad you liked it.Yes indeed,rather noisy engines.T-37 "Tweetie" training jet was in service with HAF for many years too.You should have kept it.As the only existing kit in 1/48 along with FM's,and despite its difficulties of a vac/multimedia model,it's accurate with nice detail and fine decals.