'All about Thunderbirds' BBC documentary?

I've only just heard about this 2008 (?) hour long BBC special.

It isn't on i-Player and I can't find it on Youtube or Google videos.

Does anyone know of a working link, or have copy??????

I'll happily pay postage+anything for a DVD/video/recording if anyone made one when it was broadcast.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

It's on this:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Thunderbirds-Blu-ray/56506/

Feel and look of the is quality, quality and quality -the picture is nothing short of sensational but it is expensive. The bad news is, those in the know say Japan has exclusive rights on it until a least 2015. I'm sure it's on that that pitiful excuse of the UK Blu Ray set were the picture was cropped to go widescreen and 5.1 sound was added and the picture restoration is no where near the standard of the Japan set.

I do have it on DVD somewhere my wife recorded on the hard drive and dumped it onto a DVD as she did with the entire Gerry Anderson night, the operative word here is somewhere.

As an aside I think there have been better GA docs, but it's entertaining enough.

Carlton/Granada/ITVstudios are good at protecting their rights particularly on big sellers thats why I suspect you won't find it on You Tube.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Filmed-Supermarionation-History-Stephen-Riviere/dp/1932563237

This in my opinion is the definitive insight into all the Supermarionation series including Thunderbirds, it extremely well researched and superbly written.

Adding to my Blu Ray post, if ITV Studios have a new series of Thunderbirds out around the same time the BDs come available they may delay the release so as not to have competing products out. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see UFO first, but,hey thats a guess on my part.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

I personally wouldn't touch the UK Blue Rays with the proverbial barge pole for: the cropping, wrong aspect ratio, faux 5.1 sound with added sound FX (no mono option) and the picture quality that does not use the full capability of Blue Ray. If one can afford the Japanese BDs, I would say go for it as the picture quality is stunning along with a shed load of extras and the option to have the original mono sound track and of course the correct aspect ration and not being cropped. I'm pretty sure somewhere down the line this set will be released over here - so I would recommend waiting if cost is an issue, but it might be a bit of wait.

I always thought MGM did a really good job mastering and authoring the two movies onto DVD and had them as the best quality TB transfers prior to the Japanese DVDs. After watching the the Japanese BDs, I find them difficult to watch now.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk