As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Mikemx

Eduard 1/72 MiG-15 only £23.50 @ MJW Models

We've got the new Eduard 1/72 MiG-15 Dual Combo in stock now for £23.50! In addition we have the Brassin resin parts that were released a while ago and the Brassin that's just been released.

Word of warning about the resin, the kit already has the rockets and the Cockpit sets have Ejector seats in them, so you don't need to buy the Ejector seats if you buy the cockpit set!

We've only got a few kits in and limited numbers of the Brassin but we might be able to get more in for later this week. If you order and we're out of stock, please let us know, so we can order more in for you!

The kit looks great, nice crisp clean moulding, very little flash. You can make a MiG-15 and a MiG-15Bis from the kit and it includes the mask, colour etch and resin rockets/pylons. Markings are for 10 different Czech Air Force aircraft.

I saw the original release before the moulds broke and this is much much nicer!

http://www.mjwmodels.co.uk/edk2113-172-mikoyan-mig-15-dual-combo-2766-p.asp

thanks

Mike

We've sold a few but still have some left - anyone want one?

thanks
Mike

Yes! Job done and looking forward to it Mike. Will think about some of the Brassin resin bits once I see what the kit parts are like for detail.

No problem! I've just packed your kit up now, it'll be on it's way in a few hours.

I think the kit parts are excellent but the Brassin parts are even better. It's all down to individual taste as to the use of the Brassin or not but either way I think it will make an excellent model. I will say though, if you want the airbrakes open, you WILL need the Brassin airbrakes, as the kit ones are moulded shut and have no interior detail.

Personally, I think I'll build a normal MiG-15 just using the kit but I've got a Brassin Ejector seat which will go on a ground attack MiG-15Bis.

thanks

Mike

If truth be told I'm thinking along much the same lines myself Mike. Perhaps go with a Brassin 'pit for one & certainly as set of the airbrakes, not sure about the wheels & such like yet, perhaps a pilot in the other to disguise the difference between kit & stock 'pit. Will see how the moulded detail looks once it arrives ;)

Does anyone else want the MiG-15 dual combo set for a mere £23.50? We've got a few left still - see the link in the first post if you want one!

thanks

Mike

My one landed this morning. A quick look reveals a box full of lovelyness :D Will try to post some photos this evening but there are too many nice marking options in the kit - might need to buy another one ;) Thanks for the excellent service as always Mike.

No worries Col, I thought you might like it!

thanks

Mike

Took a quick set of photos upon getting the kit home but they were a bit naff so here is better;

Box art,

20131011_085737.jpg

20131011_085751.jpg

Instructions,

20131011_085811.jpg

...and a box of lovelyness,

20131011_085821.jpg

All the plastic sprues are repeated twice,

20131011_085905.jpg

20131011_085946.jpg

20131011_090003.jpg

20131011_090133.jpg

Kit also includes colour etch, masks and a set of resin rockets and pylons,

20131010_173549.jpg

20131011_090043.jpg

20131011_090229.jpg

Decal sheet gives all the national insignia, badges, serials etc.

20131011_090215.jpg

Edited by Col.

Thanks Col!

The decal sheet has some instrument panels for the interior - that's proved quite handy for my Hobby Boss MiG-15Bis!

thanks

Mike

Mine arrived yesterday but I only managed to pick it up from the postie today.

The usual excellent service from Mike!

I'm impressed by how good this kit is - there's a lot of plastic in the box for twenty-three quid! Plus resin and PE. This is incredible value for money.

I was happy to let this one lie in The Stash for a bit until the Korean War GB got the go-ahead but I'm afraid that won't happen. There's an early Mig-15 in the kit that just cries out to be built sooner rather than later. I'll probably be starting it next weekend.

Know what you mean Enzo; got plenty kits on the go but so tempted to start one of these two.

The decal sheet has unit badges for the machine in the Museum of Flight at East Fortune so that's one scheme sorted but can't decide what the other will be yet.

Moulded detail is just too lovely to ignore,

20131011_090425.jpg

I'll be building the jet which shot down an F-84. I have an Academy F-84 in the Stash so I can feel a Dogfight Double build coming on!

There is a Mig-15bis in the kit which looks as though it has been zapped by JBG-36. It hasn't, but the unit badges are remarkably similar. So that one is a must as well, especially because it means I can use those lovely resin rockets.

Just a quick thought for anyone who buys this kit. If you get any of the Brassin bits, like the ejector seat, wheels, cockpit set etc, you can use the spare plastic parts from this kit to enhance any other MiG-15 kits you might have lying around, such as the Airfix or Hobby Boss ones. As I'm using the Etch you get in the Eduard kit, it means the decals for the instrument panels have been donated to my Hobby Boss kit. I also have an Brassin Ejector seat, which will go in one of the Eduard MiGs (Doesn't fit the Hobby Boss kit!), so my Hobby Boss kit now has etch seatbelts.

The result might not be a hyper detailed cockpit on my Hobby Boss model but the canopy is closed, so the decals and seatbelts give it enough detail.

thanks

Mike