What primer?

I'm with Colin 100%,

I always use either grey or white, depending on the subject.

Pretty much sole use of Alclad with microfiller, then a quick tickle with micromesh.

Just my 2p that's all.

ATB

beware trying to sand urathane primer. i have the grey stuff and it spits in the face of sandpaper and just peels off. alclad grey is great stuff, as is tamiya. and mr color surfacer, and even halfords!

Vallejo Black Primer 74.602 sprays beautifully. I paid €10.50 here in Portugal for a 200 ml bottle.

I have this and their acrylic gray primer, and I found both disappointing, especially if you need to sand anything out, as noeyedears mentioned. Good at filling up those deeper panel lines, though!

For my primer, I use Testors Model Master Light Ghost Gray. It's a flat enamel, but since I don't airbrush acrylics, it works fine with any topcoats, whatever the colour is, and shows up nicely any mistakes I've made (a little too nicely at times!).

Regards,

Jason

Regarding the polyurethane primers - they need to cure thoroughly before attempting to sand them. I'll leave them for three or four days, at which point they're rock hard and sand beautifully, rather than peeling off in a rubbery sheet :D.

• Like 2

Regarding the polyurethane primers - they need to cure thoroughly before attempting to sand them. I'll leave them for three or four days, at which point they're rock hard and sand beautifully, rather than peeling off in a rubbery sheet :D.

lol , wait three days!! thats why it never worked for me, im an impatient little flower.

• Like 2