Swedish Hawker Hunter J-34 decals?

Col.

I've used both The Tp2 and Mustang parts of the sheets recently and in my case, liquid decal film was absolutely necessary. I had one roundel fall apart so had to use spares, brushed the rest with liquid decal. They are incredibly thin, which is a good thing, and require a bit of patience and care. I skipped a lot of the J26 stencils because they are incredibly tiny! On a major plus side, those I put on look very realistic without a hint of visible film.

Eek, on that advice I have just ordered some :thumbsup:

We want a Swedish Hunter in progress!!!

Give us time George ;) Already converted the wings and tail pipe on a Revell F.6 to suit but got a Matchbox Hunter for the Obsolete Kit GB that's taking up my attention so you may see more action from Chris sooner than I can provide.

I've used both The Tp2 and Mustang parts of the sheets recently and in my case, liquid decal film was absolutely necessary. I had one roundel fall apart so had to use spares, brushed the rest with liquid decal. They are incredibly thin, which is a good thing, and require a bit of patience and care. I skipped a lot of the J26 stencils because they are incredibly tiny! On a major plus side, those I put on look very realistic without a hint of visible film.

Good shout as I'm intending to use the Mustang option as well for full value. Which decal film did you use?

Give us time George ;) Already converted the wings and tail pipe on a Revell F.6 to suit but got a Matchbox Hunter for the Obsolete Kit GB that's taking up my attention so you may see more action from Chris sooner than I can provide.

I'm certainly tempted, a trip to the loft beckons

• Like 1

Good shout as I'm intending to use the Mustang option as well for full value. Which decal film did you use?

I don't know of more than one brand: http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MI-12&Category_Code=FINPROD&Product_Count=6 - works really well restoring old, otherwise unusable, decals.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The decal sheet arrived today :yahoo: Seem well printed but with a very thin carrier film so Wizball's decal film recommendation is going to be required. Now if only I can get time to finish that Matchbox T.8C...

• Like 1

You can always dont sleep to finish it...! :sleep_1:

About Swedish one did you have any photo of your model,showing the different tail?

If its a little difference,maybe im gonna leave mine untouched...

You can always dont sleep to finish it...! :sleep_1:

About Swedish one did you have any photo of your model,showing the different tail?

If its a little difference,maybe im gonna leave mine untouched...

Here's a before and after modification photo of the tail;

20131010_084206.jpg

and an 'in-progress' of a few in the making;

20131014_090144.jpg

Cut the tail back 3mm and added a 1.5mm thick section of card then a 1.5mm section of 8.7mm tube. Hollow out the card section then taper everything to a thin lip with a little filler added. Hope that helps?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks Col,really helpful !

Sould i glue a tube,1cm inside, and then reshape?

Or just follow your suggestion?

Sorry George I missed your reply until now. I'll use the kit jetpipe inside the tailcone so that's why I hollowed out the sheet section.

With the decals there's no reason, apart from a cluttered workbench, for not getting on with this one...