- ARADO 196 A0 finished

fantastic work,what scale is it?? and was the launch scratch built as if so thats some amazing work

- The scale is 32,it is the Revell kit on which I changed the canopy, the float and struts, rudder, engine and cowling, all of this and catapult are from HPH;

- The right forward fuselage panels , where the nose gun bulges were on later version is from my friend Andreas DUDA.as are the propeller blades.

-In scratch are the hands rails on the catapult and deck.and the wooden deck itself ...The weight hidden under the forward part of the catapult is a 20m:/m armour piercing shell core.......

Stunning build and unusual colour scheme for the aircraft . What's the background / theatre ?

- The back ground is a view shield installed there to prevent my terrace from being seen from the overhanging street ........In a theatre I should look as strange as an elephant in a chinaware shop.......

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful work. I am building the Italeri 1/48 version. Can you share where I can find this colour scheme or artwork that I can replicate. May I know what RLM paint is this? I find the white finish eaiser to paint and weather

- Hi Eerie, -

- You may find some photos on the Kagero publication and on the French book 'Les Hydravions de la Luftwaffe Part one ' from Lela Press and on the web of course, . Thes machine were painted in 40/52 colors used for some pré war luftwaffe machines according to Michael ULLMANN " Luftwaffe Colors ". book For this I've used the FS 17875 Off White from Hobby Colors ;

- Be carefull, the model built is a 196 A0 which requires some modifications of the kit..

- Suppression of the wing armament and associated panels

- Suppression of the right forward fuselage bulge and the through hole in the cowling ring

- Narrow blade metal propellers blades with or without spinner

- These machines being pré series, they were very well maintained so don't be too hand heavy on the weathering side.....

Hi my friend,

You always do such wonderful work on your models. The craftsmanship is brilliant, your lines are gorgeous, your paintwork is so spot on and your creativity is always so outstanding.

Congratulations...

Regards,

Karen

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1