Hi all,

So having started a new project I started another as soon as I got to the sanding stage. Funny that :P This was actually what I intended to do next but the sky-ship thing was too awesome not to get going with.

I want to make a smallish diorama using the bits from the UCHG "Zaku Ground War" set. The inspiration is a mix of ship breaking, Shelley's Ozymandias, and seeing Marc Reusser's Ma.K vignette in the AK magazine. The original plan was to have a derelict Zaku on the roadside with the two tanks passing in convoy, but I've changed this a bit since I started messing around.

The rusty Zaku is staying, but the vehicle will be a kitbashed/scratchbuilt survey rover based on a Lego one I built a few years back:

2730961867_fb92f6c2ba_o.jpg

2731791838_84fb727987_o.jpg

The rover is itself inspired by Chris Foss, Mass Effect and other '80s-esque sci-fi designs. I found some nice wheels on a Siku farm trailer (after searching two toyshops) and I've bought a Revell 1/144 Apache for the cockpit. The 1/144 version will be a larger, two (or more) person machine.

Anyway, here's a bit of work on the Zaku - one leg blown off and some simple detail additions.

10134636133_6b1295c45e_c.jpg

(click for bigger)

I'm thinking about putting this on a round base since it should give a more useful photographic horizon. If I'm feeling really pretentious I might put the relevant lines around the circumference:

"Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away."

Cheers,

Will