1/48 - Beechcraft T-34A/B Mentor by Minicraft - released - new Academy & Mono Chrome boxings

Homebee

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:21 AM, Homebee said:

32984598_1690907284337146.jpg

:analintruder: Wow, this piccy just hit me in "they're" skull harder than my sheila when I tamper with her acetone. Wonder how it'll look in some Argie Air Force Flight School scheme!

Looking noooiiiceee... but can't seem to find any store which has it.

• Like 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/695711033832473/permalink/1945479408855623/

David Cooper

Today, I am starting on the creation of vacuformed canopy parts for the new Minicraft 1/48 Beech T-34A/B Mentor!

I'm doing this for those modelers who may want the option to display their canopy sections, in the on the ground,open position.

If built as is provided in the kit, the glass kit parts are engineered to fit tightly together, in the closed position. But, if you want to display the model with the canopy sections in the open/partially open positions, the kit clear parts are too thick, to position them any other way.

STEP 1:

I am going to make vacuformed copies of the kits clear canopy parts, D2 & D3, to see if these thinner parts, will provide good enough clearance for each other, to allow the forward sliding section to fit inside the mid section.

37013212.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, Homebee said:

Davide Cooper

I'm doing this for those modelers who may want the option to display their canopy sections, in the on the ground,open position.

37013212.jpg&key=4563fa191445e9f576e486f

--->>>:analintruder::analintruder::analintruder:<<<--- That c'est moi, mon ami!

I'm buying this so that I can display Ensign Carlos Rinke & Marcos Carballo when they were students at the Argie Air Force Flight School in Córdoba, circa... :hmmm:1970?

Cheers 'em,

Unc2

Croco Model decals - ref. CMDA7202

Beech T34A/B Mentor and T34C Turbo Mentor (Equador, Uruguay, Bolivia) 

Source: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/beech-t34ab-mentor-and-t34c-turbo-mentor--equador-uruguay-bolivia-cmda7202-croco-model-company-cmda7202-aircraft-scale-modelling-decals/product/?action=prodinfo&amp;art=156082

156082_0.jpg

156082_1.jpg

156082_2.jpg

V.P.

6 hours ago, Homebee said:

Hi V.P., mate.

D'ya know how old this news is? Three months back I once took advance that my sheila had left her Facebook page active to have a chat with Mr. Cooper, who said to me that the vac-form canopy for this kit was a no-go.  

I'm not a Facebook user 'cause I was told that Mr Zuckerberg is the Anti-Christ. :unsure:

Cheers,

Unc2

MiniCraft has been able to get distribution into some big box hobby retailers in the past so it is possible you could find this kit on sale with a coupon that would make it very attractive price wise.  In any case I would love to add this to my collection but would opt for a colorful version.  Btw, I am also not on FB either.  Not certain about Zuckerberg being the Anti-Christ but have heard that past girlfriends could be out there lurking, which scare me so best let sleeping dogs lay.  

Edited by Harold55

1 hour ago, Harold55 said:

MiniCraft has been able to get distribution into some big box hobby retailers in the past so it is possible you could find this kit on sale with a coupon that would make it very attractive price wise.

Hi Harold!

Tried getting it directly from the MiniCraft site some months ago, but it wasn't the kit price which put me off getting it as it was the shipping fare down to Argieland (steeper than the kit price). My mum is to visit Yankeeland in mid September, so I'll have her get it for me.

1 hour ago, Harold55 said:

Btw, I am also not on FB either.  Not certain about Zuckerberg being the Anti-Christ but have heard that past girlfriends could be out there lurking, which scare me so best let sleeping dogs lay.  

Bwahahahahaha... :lol: See that's yet another very good reason not to go to Facebook. :wink:

Cheers,

Unc2

The UK rrp for this kit is £45 for the A and £50 for the upcoming A/B which I just think is insane. I would genuinely like to know who's happy to pay so much for so little.

Jon

29 minutes ago, Jon Bryon said:

I would genuinely like to know who's happy to pay so much for so little.

Also, I would genuinely like to know what the £5 difference is for a B version kit that's exactly the same, externally, yeh? :hmmm:

Just different decals, perhaps?

Cheers,

Unc2

21 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

The UK rrp for this kit is £45 for the A and £50 for the upcoming A/B which I just think is insane. I would genuinely like to know who's happy to pay so much for so little.

Have to agree with you, that price is nuts!  ScaleHobbyist.com has it for $24.59 but I have no idea what shipping and other taxes  would end up being.  I don't think it is made China or we would see it on the more prominent sites there but no such luck.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Have to agree with you, that price is nuts!  ScaleHobbyist.com has it for $24.59 but I have no idea what shipping and other taxes  would end up being.  I don't think it is made China or we would see it on the more prominent sites there but no such luck.

8.95 here in the US at least.

On 7/2/2019 at 4:56 AM, Homebee said:

This is what David Cooper replied on my sheila's Facebook account with regard to the making (or not) of the vac-form canopy for the MiniCraft 1/48 T-34A Mentor kit:

"Sorry, the replacement vacuformed canopy for the Minicraft T-34A, is on hold, until enough interest is shown in it, to warrant production."

Anyone interested in this vac-form bit happening should go to David's page in Facebook and ask for it to be done.

Cheers,

Unc2

4 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

This is what David Cooper replied on my sheila's Facebook account with regard to the making (or not) of the vac-form canopy for the MiniCraft 1/48 T-34A Mentor kit:

"Sorry, the replacement vacuformed canopy for the Minicraft T-34A, is on hold, until enough interest is shown in it, to warrant production."

Anyone interested in this vac-form bit happening should go to David's page in Facebook and ask for it to be done.

Cheers,

Unc2

Yeah I asked him that. Also someone responded there will be more interest when the C model is released. (Whoever releases that one.) To which I am definitely interested in!

Edited by sinistervampire319

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink2: Say WHUUUT...??!!

$8.95 where in the US, please! It was offered at almost $35 on the MiniCraft site last time I asked.

Cheers,

Unc2

Sorry. Meant US shipping. 
Move to US, get cheaper shipping. :lol:

13 minutes ago, sinistervampire319 said:

Move to US, get cheaper shipping. :lol:

I might as well do that! :lol: Used to have a sweetheart who dwells at Ukiah, Cali, some five years ago.

Oh, but then she started reading Ayn Rand and everything went down the drain in our relationship... :bleh:

Yeh, it did.

Cheers,

Unc2 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sinistervampire319 said:

That's funny. I will be making a delivery Friday in Ukiah. :lol:

:analintruder: No way! I could give you the address to my ex so that you go ask my Afrikaner girl to tell you the story of that strange job interview she had when she arrived in Cali, where she explained that she had lots of experience in logistics 'cause she'd worked in a "wh(*)rehouse" in Cape Town, and that her duties consisted in the selection and classification of goods with respect to their countries of origin. :blink2: She never quite understood why the interviewer asked her to leave at once all of the sudden. :rofl2:

The anecdote would crack me up everytime!

Aw, gawd... tee-hee.

Cheers,

Unc2

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Beechcraft T-34A/B Mentor by Minicraft - released - new Academy boxing

New Academy boxing - ref. 12361 - Beechcraft T-34B Mentor - US Navy - VT-5 Training Air Wing

Sources: 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AC12361

https://mmzone.co.kr/mms_tool/mt_view.php?mms_db_name=mmz_media&mms_cat=[����] �&no=8670&keyword=&where=&mode=&start_page=

Review: https://mmzone.co.kr/mms_tool/mt_view.php?mms_db_name=mmz_media&no=8670

AC12361.jpg

AC12361-2.jpg

AC12361-1.jpg

MMZ20231004144400-2-9.jpg

MMZ20231004144400-2-8.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7