Cyberhobby V Revell Seaking.

Rodders154

Can anybody tell me why the Cyber hobby kit is more than twice the price of the revell seaking. :yikes:

Does it come with EB or things like that. :coolio:

I have looked but cannot find anything on the forums if this has been covered before please point me in the right direction

:search: (did use google but to no avail maybe not using right search words)

Rodders

I guess it's due to Far East vs European model company. The Revell kit is excellent though but CH is the only commando Sea King in 1/72nd OOB.

Actually I recall Revell Sea Kings were going on Ebay for about the price of the CH kit until they reissued the kit.

Pat

Right then,

Cyberhobby kit has shape issues with the nose, accuracy issues with various parts and seems to be slightly underscale. The much fangled folded rotors option is just some very hideously shaped plastic bits. However, if you can score one cheap, it is a great source of parts for a kind of 3 in 1 conversion set. If (like me) you buy an AEW2 version, you get a Westland tail rotor pylon and decent tail wheel to use on a Fujimi kit, you get some better sized sponsons to replace the undersized Revell ones and you get the bonus of the HC4 stubs to use on another Revell kit. Of course, to do a later HC4 you'll need to scratchbuild the various lumps and bumps. It is certainly not worth the full asking price of £34.99, but for the £18 I paid that breaks down to 3 £6 conversion/improvement sets. Suddenly starts to look a little more attractive!

Despite a few short comings, the Revell kit is still the best Westland Sea King in 1/72 scale by a wide country mile.

Mark.

• Like 1

Yeap Cyberhobby looks like they used the hasegawa kit as a basis and scaled it down badly. Like most of their recent kits the seats appear to 1/87 scale endering it useless for the Junglie, the main cabin door is a mess being either designed to be open or closed leaving a heavy countersink in the fuselage if open, The factor that they still haven't addressed is that in copying the Hasegawa kit they have done the fuselage witth the shroud seperate at the aft of the engine housing over the tail rotor drive shaft, but unlike Hasegawa they didn't bother to mould the shroud so all the kits look rather odd without it.

Just sitting it next to a Revell or Fujimi kit highlights the shorter narrower fuselage so it can't be safely displayed next to other makes.

You can see what morons they are as thet have continued to re-tool and remarket the kit as various S-3 types without fixing the shroud issue and by leaving features specifically for the Westland Commando or AEW 2 as standard on all kits including the US and Japanese versions !!!!!!!!!!

The law of the market, charge as much as the customer will pay.....but I suspect that the Cyberhobby kits will be discounted sometime in the future, if the dealers can afford to do it.

Just out of a very particular interest, is the Cyberhobby HC4 undercarriage structure accurate compared with either the Airways white metal set or, for those who are rather particular, the Real Thing?

Lacking either Airways or Cyber bits but looking to handcraft the strut,'wing' and wheels for an HC4 to place on a Revell kit, any comments/dimensions/drawings would be helpful.

I have so far failed to find any really useful diagrams of the Junglie undercarriage but may soon have the opportunity to measure the Cyberhobby bits from a completed kit.

Then again, if anybody has any HC4 undercarriage bits going spare from the non-HC4 version, please let me know!

Thanks,

John

The law of the market, charge as much as the customer will pay.....but I suspect that the Cyberhobby kits will be discounted sometime in the future, if the dealers can afford to do it.

Just out of a very particular interest, is the Cyberhobby HC4 undercarriage structure accurate compared with either the Airways white metal set or, for those who are rather particular, the Real Thing?

Lacking either Airways or Cyber bits but looking to handcraft the strut,'wing' and wheels for an HC4 to place on a Revell kit, any comments/dimensions/drawings would be helpful.

I have so far failed to find any really useful diagrams of the Junglie undercarriage but may soon have the opportunity to measure the Cyberhobby bits from a completed kit.

Then again, if anybody has any HC4 undercarriage bits going spare from the non-HC4 version, please let me know!

Thanks,

John

john i have the airwaves HC4 spare.. in 1/72

there is also a diecast HC4 by amercom available on ebay ..

thomas

Thank you Thomas, I have sent you a pm. about the Aiirwaves set.

As to the die cast, sadly not my scene for aircraft. I have a few 1/43rd die casts of Can Am cars (and a couple of not-very-well-made-by-me resin kits too).

But thanks for noting what was on eBay for me.

John

I think that Thomas meant that you could buy the diecast Sea King and rob the HC.4 parts from it? Cheaper than buying a £20 Airwaves conversion or the expensive Hyber Hobby kit? That is how I read it anyway,..I may be wrong though?

Cheers

Tony O

I think that Thomas meant that you could buy the diecast Sea King and rob the HC.4 parts from it? Cheaper than buying a £20 Airwaves conversion or the expensive Hyber Hobby kit? That is how I read it anyway,..I may be wrong though?

Cheers

Tony O

you could do that tony but why wreck a perfectly good helicopter.. and i do have two sets of the airwaves HC4 ..

thomas

heres a link to one on ebay the seller is really good..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130718355948?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

• 8 months later...