What is it?

jetboy

The first proper space toilet (at least in the US program) was aboard Skylab. It had a rotating blade to separate liquid and solid waste - the first incidence in history where :poo: was supposed to happen!

• Like 1

The one in the midddle is marshall Dmitry Yazov - last Soviet defense minister. This picture was apparently taken in Baikonur Cosmodrome, but where exactly and why?

Edited by Pin

I guess I need to give the answer

There are two large inclined tubes that lead to Buran entrance latch. The bigger one with horizontal segment on top is a standard crew transporter tube that hosted 16-seat "train" that brought the crew from the "while room", where the generals are sitting on the picture above, to the entry latch.

The smaller tube below is a rapid escape system - in case of emergency the crew would simply used their buttocks and gravity to run away from melting metal and burning rocket fuel.

• Like 1

Okay, more interesting one:

skliz.jpg

HI PIN, id never have got that im afraid,good one though,the b&w made it seem as though it was the 50,s/60,s though,i,ll ask for a clue next time,i,ll try and sort one later.unless you have one sorted?

cheers Don