What is it?

jetboy

HI,paints drying,so whats this photo of.....its american,its space related?

x2_zps02c31cd1.jpg

cheers Don

HI,ive had to revisit this one,as its posted on some space modelling website mostly american?.....i know what it is? the clue was in the first sentence,/words ,well paints drying.........im just trying to elicite some conversation?,sorry im not being serious?????????

cheers Don

HI,paints drying,so whats this photo of.....its american,its space related?

x2_zps02c31cd1.jpg

cheers Don

"Blasting craters for a new section of the Cinder Lakes outside Flagstaff, Ariz. (July 1968). USGS Astrogeology constructed a mockup of a section of the moon’s Sea of Tranquillity in a cinder field to aid with training and time-and-motion studies."

USGS Astrogeology Science Center image

Damn, I have seen that somewhere before but can't think what it is, Russian and something to do with Sputnik possibly. I will get back to you.

I got the lunar crater one though, far too easy.

Don, have you seen my post about a natural nuclear explosion on Mars?

There are a lot of rubbish, sensationalist articles on the web about it but here is a more sober and scientific account:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2011/pdf/1097.pdf

I'm not sure about it happening 3 billion years ago, the natural nuclear reactors on Earth operated about 2 billion years ago so I would expect this to have happened around this sort of time frame. The "at least 180 million years ago" mentioned in the paper sounds much too recent to me.

Edited by Nigel Heath

Nigel Heath, on 04 Oct 2013 - 1:53 PM, said:snapback.png

Cuddly toy T Rex. Easy.

hi nige ,,,its a good answer,but its not right?

Well, I think my answer was correct, it may be a generic dinosaur but it is clearly modelled after a T Rex.

Well, I think my answer was correct, it may be a generic dinosaur but it is clearly modelled after a T Rex.

Hi nige,well in a way your totally correct but,your just being pedantic now,iwas thinking more of a dino,in a space context,as its a real space thread,buti should of made that,or the picture clearer

dino_zpseb1731ac.png

cheers Don