RAF VC-10 Museums

madaboutmodels

Bruntingthorpe have two, XR808 & ZA147. ZA147 is now being kept there in a fast taxi condition, XR808 is being broken down and transported to Cosford for the museum.

Newquay have one, ZA148.

The one at Dunsfold is being broken down and transported to Brooklands museum for display.

That's my understanding....

Tthe Brooklands one is staying at Dunsfold - not getting taken by road to Brooklands.

Dunsfold Park and Brooklands Museum are pleased to announce that the last Vickers VC10 arrived safely today (Tuesday 24th September) at Dunsfold Park, its new permanent home

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/news/story/queen-of-the-skies-retires-to-dunsfold-park/

Equally, I thought XR808 was going to be the taxiing aircract now, and ZA147 was for the chop.

Bradley, the importance of Brooklands having ZA150 is because it was the very last VC 10 built at Brooklands!

Also good news it won't be dismantled to be moved there and therefore remaining at Dunsfold, means its nearer for me to visit.

It is also my understanding from someone here at work who is in the know that '147 is due for the chop sadly. But things may change.

Tthe Brooklands one is staying at Dunsfold - not getting taken by road to Brooklands.

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/news/story/queen-of-the-skies-retires-to-dunsfold-park/

Equally, I thought XR808 was going to be the taxiing aircract now, and ZA147 was for the chop.

According to a guy over on UKAR, this is what was said when '147 arrived at Bruntingthorpe. I'll dig the thread out..

• Like 1

So only 3 shall survive :(

Thats not fair!!

Can i have the cockpit lol

so cosford isn't getting one?

They don't deserve it. They had one before and scrapped it...

You can't blame Cosford for the scrapping of the VC10 that was previously there, as it was part of a civilian aircraft collection, that was on display but they had no control over.

Regards

Reggie