Model-making Samuel Peeps style!

EnglishLion

Evening all,

Don't know if this has ever been covered/advised by anyone before but I thought I'd add it as I couldn't find anything in the forums about it. Basically, as I'm new back to model-making and still very low on my learning curve, I've decided to keep a diary of everything I do.

With the kits I've attempted so far, as expected, I've had some successes and some failures. I intend to record these each time into a Word doc, with photos where relevant and what I have learned. I'm also going to add any links to Youtube vids or posts on here that explain techniques because I KNOW there will be times when I want to replicate something and can't remember where I learned about it!

I thought I'd share my idea (even if I've re-invented someone else's wheel!) because this seems a good way to go for a beginner or someone returning to the hobby. It'll also give me some entertainment looking back at the screw-ups I've made later on :-D

Cheers,

Tony

"At eventide, after payers, I did go into my room of hobbeyes, and there unlidded a box of wondrous plastick, its delights to make merry with. Verrily it struck me that the engraving was most delicate, like a lark's etchings, and the parts there within of an ethereal thicknesse. Alas Sirs I must report that upon cutting out the parts with my finest blade fashioned by Misters Swanne and Morton, the fit was a poxy rascal and much fowelle language was uttered, as of the chamber pot, whilst forcing parts into good order."

That kind of diary?

Jonners

edit - I should just say its a great idea, and my scit above is in no way meant to lampoon, hopefully just to amuse.

• Like 9

"...the fit was a poxy rascal and much fowelle language was uttered, as of the chamber pot, whilst forcing parts into good order."

LMAO!

Be it that I could emulate such musings!

• Like 1

"At eventide, after payers, I did go into my room of hobbeyes, and there unlidded a box of wondrous plastick, its delights to make merry with. Verrily it struck me that the engraving was most delicate, like a lark's etchings, and the parts there within of an ethereal thicknesse. Alas Sirs I must report that upon cutting out the parts with my finest blade fashioned by Misters Swanne and Morton, the fit was a poxy rascal and much fowelle language was uttered, as of the chamber pot, whilst forcing parts into good order."

That kind of diary?

Jonners

edit - I should just say its a great idea, and my scit above is in no way meant to lampoon, hopefully just to amuse.

:clap2:

Edited by MikeC

• 10 months later...

Bloody Hell! Was it really nearly a year ago I posted this topic??????

Seems I haven't done a lot since and, in my defence, when I posted I wasn't working but now I am again and doing quite a bit of overtime to boot so haven't had too much modelling time.

Anyway, being still very much a beginner, I've been doing lots of experimenting with techniques and have also had some abandoned builds ("...much fowelle language was uttered...") but have sustained the diary. In a way, the diary, besides having proved it's usefulness, has been as much fun as the practical stuff.

So, if like me, you're starting out in modelling (for the 1st or 2nd time!) I definitely recommend it.

Hopefully, I'll have something tangible soon too - a Hobbyboss 1:48 Warthog II and a Revell DKM Type VII/C41 (U-292).

Cheers,

Tony