Academy 1/48 F-4B Phantom II Sundowners

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this section since joining BM and I chose one of my recently finished kits,the great Academy Phantom.It´s also one of my best work to date.In the first pic one of the missiles was falling and I didn´t notice.The missiles are a bit difficult to stay glued because the contact points are minimal,but the bombs and drop tanks fit like a glove!Hope you like it.

F_4_B_56.jpg

F_4_B_73.jpg

F_4_B_65.jpg

F_4_B_61.jpg

F_4_B_74.jpg

F_4_B_68.jpg

F_4_B_80.jpg

F_4_B_78.jpg

F_4_B_81.jpg

F_4_B_75.jpg

Cheers,

Bruno

• Like 36

Hi Scott.

I´ve used the kit decals,they are very good,but they require care and a lot of setting solution in the kit surface,specially the large ones,because once you apply them,they stick to the surface almost immediatly making adjustments difficult.And Microsol application almost wasn´t needed.Besides that the only difficulty are the quantity of decals,almost 400!

The seats,seat belts and shoulder harnesses are from the Eduard set designed for the Hasegawa kit,but fit very nicely on the Academy.The cockpit PE and resin wheels are from the Mk.1 Designs set,that also comes with canopy masks but I dont recomend them because they dont fit well to the canopy parts.

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi Dave,

Yep,CA glue was the solution,but took a little effort because the missile fins wont let the missile itself sit flush with the pylon.For the bombs and drop tanks I used Revell Contacta glue applied with a toothpick.I like it best when it comes to these fidlly bits because they move less once glued,than when I use Tamiya Extra Thin cement.

Cheers,

Bruno

Hi Dave,

Yep,CA glue was the solution,but took a little effort because the missile fins wont let the missile itself sit flush with the pylon.For the bombs and drop tanks I used Revell Contacta glue applied with a toothpick.I like it best when it comes to these fidlly bits because they move less once glued,than when I use Tamiya Extra Thin cement.

Cheers,

Bruno

The old "overscale Sidewinder fin" problem... Know it well!