Mig-19, North Vietnam

Hi everyone,

Seeing as I`ve finished shifts this week, thought I`d show you some pic`s I`ve took today of a build I did a while back

SAM_6552_zps09250950.jpg

HiPMs 1/48 Mig-19

SAM_6549_zps2503fb07.jpg

OOB build except for some work in the undercarriage bays

SAM_6548_zps5249ea64.jpg

which I detailed with some bits of copper wire as they were completely blank in the kit

SAM_6544_zps36e4bc0c.jpg

also carved quite a bit off the rear canopy fairing to get the open canopy to sit better

SAM_6546_zps2482602d.jpg

quite a bit of Araldite and filler went into this one but I`m happy with the result

SAM_6553_zpsb74b2914.jpg

Always liked the `Buck Rogers` comic strip look of these and might give the Trumpeter one a go one day

Hope you enjoy, Thanks for looking, Russ

• Like 8

Always one of my favourite aeroplanes and you did a splendid job on it, Russ! I love that camouflage scheme - is that just dark green over aluminium?

Regards,

Jason

Cheers Jason, Yes it is and it`s a scheme from the in the box

That must be a monstrous tail-sitter. How did you do the feathered edges on the camouflage?

Cheers Sean, Yeah, it took quite a bit of weight to keep the nose down, I had to drill out one of the clear ports behind the nose wheel and drop in small bits of lead and glue as I didn`t get it right the first time, you`ve only got to blow on it gently and it sits on it`s tail even now.

The feathered edge was just done with a chopped down old brush using a stippling action.