1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109F/G/K "Friedrich"/"Gustav"/"Kurfürst" & Avia S-99/C-10 families by Eduard - F/G/K & S-99 released

Homebee

:pilot: Please, let us collect money for a EDUARD standard equipment:
Protractor, tape measure, paper and pencils, a simple calculator. :bounce: Maybe for a photo tutorial for digital cameras?

• Like 3

In the moment the kit built I has stopped. The new aircraft landing gear rack makes a lot of work!

But some modellers from Germany ask me: "do you find same mistake by Bf 109E variants?"

I can only answer: "Well, it is the same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?”

(I hope, all from You understand, why German poeple like this video!)

The same mistake I found also too for Bf 109E-Variants :mental:

I can live with little erros from Hasegawa and Airfix, but Eduard company is something particularly?

427d12cbc499c2d2021a924a6cbdd271.jpg

Edited by BOBO

I do not use acrylic paints. Since more than 35 years ago I have around 450 paint cups in my hobby room.Very special for this kit I have paint it with my airbrush only AGAMA (Cz.) and ModelMaster (all authentic colours) with 30-40% thinner. It is not from Revell or Mastermodel is poorly. I use special thinner from German from FISCHAR.

85-16730.jpg

This is the best what I know, all paints (not acrylis) you can dilute.

That looks DELICIOUS... Does it taste as good as Tamiya thinners? Excellent with a little lime juice to sharpen it up...

Terpentin-Ersatz. Would that be the same as turpentine substitute or white spirit to us in the UK?

As for the dimensional issues - what a shame. Last year Eduard gave us the Spitfire MkIX, which must be the acme of 1/48 Spitfire kits. Eduard portray themselves as a company who pride themselves on extensive research and checking for errors, but theyappear to have dropped the ball on this one and put themselves in the same division as Trumbpeter (if you don't mind me mixing my sporting metaphores.)

Still, as BOBO is showing, it will still make a nice model - just don't put it next to a kit from another manufacturer!

Edited by davidelvy
  • Like 1

No, not british spirit :frantic:

This is absolutely very fine Terpentin replacment, freshly made ​​- not from a simple "home improvement store" (Baumarkt). From Home Improvement Store (HAGEBAU, OBI etc) it is only a mix from refreshed petrol, diesel and oil, this is bullsh..... All normaly not acrylic colors you can dilute with these FISCHAR product without problems. Also too I use this only for cleaning my airbrush and brushes.

Edited by BOBO

In the moment the kit built I has stopped. The new aircraft landing gear rack makes a lot of work!

But some modellers from Germany ask me: "do you find same mistake by Bf 109E variants?"

I can only answer: "Well, it is the same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?”

(I hope, all from You understand, why German poeple like this video!)

The same mistake I found also too for Bf 109E-Variants :mental:

I can live with little erros from Hasegawa and Airfix, but Eduard company is something particularly?

427d12cbc499c2d2021a924a6cbdd271.jpg

In all the years that I have been 'subjected' to this ridiculous video "Dinner for One"…..first as a teenager living with my parents in Germany and most recently every Christmas at the hands of our German boss between 2008-2011 I have simply not understood the Germans' fascination with it. It is, without doubt, one of the most dated, purile and humorless videos I have ever had the misfortune to have to sit through notwithstanding the fact that it is also hugely racist and offensive. Definitely NOT RECOMMENDED unless you want to waste 10-15 minutes of your valuable time/life.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, now I'm ready for rollout. Sorry for my delayed thread. I was a long-term sick leave. Today I have completed my model.

Let me remember the landing gear problem and to the scale problem. It was not easy.
The lanfding gear chassis is from Revell Bf 109G-10.

The airbrush masks I have used are from company Montex - with a great result
. :thumbsup:

IMG_6847.JPG

IMG_6848.JPG

IMG_6849.JPG

Edited by BOBO
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Source: http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2015/info-eduard-2015-01EN.pdf

The Eduard's boss words. Respect!

(..) The last year was an eventful one, many things worked out well, others did not, and what did not will be made right this year. The main topic of discussion that falls into the latter category was the Bf 109G project, which we temporarily suspended after a wave of criticism and our decision to rework the model. The rework is nearing completion. Aside from the overall dimensions of the kit, which was the base problem of the original, we also revisited some other aspects of the kit. The wing to fuselage fairing has been modified to correspond with that most often seen on the G-6 variant. We redesigned the rear part of the fuselage behind the cockpit to address criticism levied against the fuselage outline at about the second former after the canopy. While we were at it, we modified the progression of the individual fuselage segments to better represent the appearance of the real thing. We did the same through to the front of the aircraft. We re-measured the whole thing, systematically photographed it and, last but not least, we got down and dirty with it prior to redesigning the kit. None of this was a particularly simple affair, but the end result is more than interesting and I am certain that most modelers will be rather pleasantly surprised. I am looking forward to releasing the information surrounding this updated effort, including details of the study of the real McCoy, via our now typical and sometimes controversial marketing campaign. There will be much to explain, the result will raise eyebrows, will be fresh and will be effective. Realistically, I expect to release this puppy in the fall, likely with an E-day premiere.(...)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

from info:

We have completed our revisions to the
Bf 109G-6 in 1/48th scale. Over the course
of May, we will introduce you to the kit via
our Facebook page, which will no doubt turn
out to be a good reason to watch the page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

News from the corrected version: http://www.detailscaleview.com/2015/11/new-products-from-novemberfest-2015.html

_MG_6267.JPG

1/48 Bf 109 is the main topic for some modelers, so Eduard designers decided to show several versions that should be out next year. On the photos above and below you can see F-version of famous German fighter.

_MG_6268.JPG[/center]

Plenty of changes were applied to model in order to make it a bit more realistic. As authors said, it's much easier to say what was left unchanged.[/center]

_MG_6269.JPG

Some changes will cause a lot of discussions on webforums. Nevertheless, it is interesting to see what professionals would say about new model.[/center]

_MG_6272.JPG

Here you can see one of the new features - cowling silhouette. Designers said that real aircraft they measured had the same thing, so new model will be the first to actually copy this feature.

_MG_6273.JPG

Wheel wells will also be new.

_MG_6274.JPG

Those should be assembled from three parts, two of them will be fixed with the help of special pin

_MG_6275.JPG

There was no picture of the cockpit, but detalization of the previous versions was ok, so here I have no worries at all.

_MG_6276.JPG

Next is the G-14 version. You all remember how much discussions it generated last year, so it should be interesting to see how main problems will be fixed.

_MG_6277.JPG

Here it is possible to see already famous bulge in the wing root area, which became the main thing for the fierce arguments on the Internet.

_MG_6278.JPG

Moreover, the shape of the air intake was also corrected.

_MG_6279.JPG

Canopy parts received some minor changes in order to make them a bit more realistic.

_MG_6280.JPG

In total there will be three versions of the Erla canopy as you can see on the photos above.

_MG_6281.JPG

Several options will be featured for the tail parts, as you can see on the photos above and below. In some other versions of the aircraft you will be able to get suitable rudder part just by cutting extra plastic.

_MG_6282.JPG

Looks like a nice Bf 109, doesn't it?

_MG_6283.JPG

Here is the overall view of the model. It is important to note that some dimensional changes were implemented, and positioning lights improved.

_MG_6284.JPG

And another one.

_MG_6285.JPG

Cockpit will also be a bit more detailed, so modeler can expect wires imitation and even internal ribs molded on the fuselage halves. On the photo above, it is easy to notice that details are impressive for 1/48 scale.

_MG_6286.JPG

The model will also feature several types of external tank, you can see those on the photos above and below.

V.P.