1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109F/G/K "Friedrich"/"Gustav"/"Kurfürst" & Avia S-99/C-10 families by Eduard - F/G/K & S-99 released

Homebee

so I'm curious about how much retooling has been done - the Eduard fuselages have always been a tad taller than the competition. Is there anyone with both Eduard kits (the older G series and the "retooled" K) who could compare fuselages and see if they're still as tall (especially behind the cockpit) or if the height has been reduced?

13 hours ago, elger said:

so I'm curious about how much retooling has been done - the Eduard fuselages have always been a tad taller than the competition. Is there anyone with both Eduard kits (the older G series and the "retooled" K) who could compare fuselages and see if they're still as tall (especially behind the cockpit) or if the height has been reduced?

The exhaust cutout looks quite large still, which makes me think the nose is still too tall, but I haven't checked it yet. I'll have a look when I get home later.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, elger said:

So checking the G-6 fuselage against the K-4, they are exactly the same in height. the exhaust slots on the K-4 are actually a little narrower, by approximately 0.4mm and the exhaust themselves narrower by approximately 0.6mm.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

So checking the G-6 fuselage against the K-4, they are exactly the same in height. the exhaust slots on the K-4 are actually a little narrower, by approximately 0.4mm and the exhaust themselves narrower by approximately 0.6mm.

thank you!

• Like 1

If anyone is interested,

The look of the exhausts and their openings can be improved, a lot if you ask me.

Take a look at the Hombee's post above, from Aug 18, with the pics of the built up kit. For some reason Eduard mould the narrow exhaust shields, above and below the exhaust stubs into the sides of the fuselage. Yet the opening looks too wide. They should be there for the upper side above the thin shields as an integrated part ow the cowl, but not below. If you choose to add Eduard's own aftermarket exhaust you add another set of lower shield to that, why? There should only be only one lower shield each side, and very thin at that.

To improve the looks, remove the lower shield from the fuselage, just below the exhaust opening. Work carefully, sand the last remnants away with fine wet'n-dry, so as to save the surface details below the opening.

If needed, the opening can be narrowed down further with a shim of thin plasticard. Again, carefully sand away any plasticard that stands proud of the surface. Now add thin exhaust shields below the exhaust stubs, either your own or the brass ones that are enclosed with the aftermarket exhausts.

(so far, the best ones that I know of, are the Eduard Brassin aftermarket exhausts for Tamiya's G-6,  ED648402. but I have yet to see their latest for this kit)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2022 at 5:43 PM, Homebee said:

Now as we were informed by Mr. Šulz that Eduard will hold back their 1/48 Avia S-199 and CS-199 due to economical reasons: Will Eduard also cancel/hold back their announced Me 109 G-12? This would make sense, 'cause as far as I know, virtually NO german top-fighter-As was ever photographed in a G-12 or reported to have scored kills flying a G-12 - which means that this would be a low selling kit. Any rumors?

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2023 at 5:50 PM, RHWinter said:

Will Eduard also cancel/hold back their announced Me 109 G-12?

Someone asked about this long awaited version and here is the answer from Mr Sulc:

CZ: Tak ta bude dlouho očekávaná ještě nějakou dobu :)

EN: Well, it will be long awaited for some time :)

Source: https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?p=2628491#p2628491

The conclusion is that the G-12 has not dropped out of the programme, but will not be released this year.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1