1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109F/G/K "Friedrich"/"Gustav"/"Kurfürst" & Avia S-99/C-10 families by Eduard - F/G/K & S-99 released

Homebee

IF EDUARD WAS SMART THEY WOULD DO A 1/48 JET...AN AVOID THE 109 EXPERTEN AND THE INHERENT DEBATES THAT ENSUE.....ducking from the shoes and fruits being thrown at me LOL

NOW Lets see them do a 1/48 new tool accurate T-33...This will make them $$ worldwide since everyone flew this type!!

Steve

• Like 1

First view on sprues from new Bf 109G-6

http://www.detailscaleview.com/2014/04/first-view-on-eduard-bf-109g-6-main.html

Looks like an excellent kit

I don't know about a jet but I'll bet serious money this does very well for Eduard. I'm not a huge 'Schmitt fan but I think I will be.... Lots of nice unused parts to dress up other kits as well. Judging by the positive reaction to the Spitfire I think this could be a real winner!

• 2 weeks later...

A friendly "Hello" from BOBO/ Germany :winkgrin:

It is a great hipe around the new kit in sclae 1:48 Bf 109G, many interesting photos and pictures, many hope of a good model. And I have like this new model because I see many new variations you can build, also too the Type 110 engine variant from Erla-production. Never firm has made these Messerschmitt-type in scale 1/48.

Since friday last week this new kit is on my table. Within about 8 hours I have built the complete fuselage and some parts of wing and other litte part groups.

I want built the figther aircraft of I./ JG300 commander, Hptm.Gerhard Stamp. All alternative parts are in this kit box. (tail, Erla-canopy, short antenna), a redesigned Bf 109G-6 with new tail and Erla-canopy. The standard decals not so interesting for me! :pilot:

At first I found only some little kit mistakes(?) and I’m sure that firm EDIAUAD can use this infos to improve the quality.

1.) I miss on the inside from fuselage holes and pins for position fixing the fuselage half. I must make some little strap on the fuselage inside. Also too on the wing insides.

2.) And it is’nt easy to fixing the cockpit interieur in the inside of fuselage. I miss more cement points.

3.) I’m not understand, why the tail (fin) parts are asymetric- or it is an production error?

4.) The engine underside i have used putty, because the fuselage parts on this area are a little bit to small.

5.) I have look on some photos (JG300).
I’m sure the wheel wells on the wing under surface are a tad too big.

6.) The Erla-canopy is incorrect in the back. In this area the canopy falls down. The plastic parts are very thick. The company Eduard can do better?!

And now, 3 hours later:

I'm sitting now in front of complete built fuselage, I look to the wing and to the fuselage and I think, this model isn't right. The wing is attached in only. There is something wrong ....

3b3a312f2477327a61a0e62c1022e7e4.jpg

Then I searched all my drawings, documents, books from U.K., USA, Germany, and fotos copies and also too in the Internet. Since more than 35 Years I have collected many many infomation from aircrafts of WWII.

The result:

The original wingspan is of the Version G-6 is 9.92 m (up to 9.93 m)
The original length of the fuselage is 8.94 m (up to 8.96 m)

And this means, in 1:48 scale:

Wingspan: about 20.60 cm
Fuselage length about: 18.60 cm

All modern Hasegawa-kits are more correct (with some minimum difference)

BUT EDWARD Bf 109G-6:

Wingspan: 21.3 cm
Fuselage length: 19.3 cm

The aircraft fuselage is too long in the rear region (ca. 1,5 mm) in cockpit area 3mm and engine area with more than 1mm, by more than 5 mm in summary(!),
and the wing is too long at both ends, about 3mm.

I am very disappointed.

Picture find here!

Edited by BOBO

If the model is indeed overscale, it would mean that all my existing decals (including the inScale 48 Finnish shark mouth scheme) will be noticeably too small (national markings for example).

Regards,

3.) I’m not understand, why the tail (fin) parts are asymetric- or it is an production error?

the tail fin is aerodynamically profiled if that's what you mean, see the diagrams on this page - or rather the annotations provided by your old sparring partner M. Jean-Yves Lorant..(bombe = curved, plat = flat)

http://falkeeins.blogspot.fr/2012/09/contending-with-torque-late-war.html.

.and BTW look out for our article (Part 1) in next month's UK "Model Aircraft" magazine entitled "wilde Sau und Moskito Jagd", nice new stuff there for 109 fans

Edited by FalkeEins

the tail fin is aerodynamically profiled if that's what you mean, see the diagrams on this page - or rather the annotations provided by your old sparring partner M. Jean-Yves Lorant..(bombe = curved, plat = flat)

No, no, ...When I use the aircraft rudder without correction. it leans to the right (in the direction of flight)

SLWschief.jpg

.and BTW look out for our article (Part 1) in next month's UK "Model Aircraft" magazine entitled "wilde Sau und Moskito Jagd", nice new stuff there for 109 fans

I have read this as prewiev in SAM(?). New stuff? I dont think it, :coolio: Look her, my website: http://www.JG300.de :thumbsup:

Well, I go on with these creasy aircraft kit. I will closed the work in some days but only as red "1" from I./ JG300 know.

Here my next pictures:

ad9aadb09288c16a6c19d5a8439c1057.jpg

8a335b13b6ffb1e5810299db6ce80fcf.jpg

4d25d70bd53cbb05fb61caaf1fb0c266.jpg

2e9fd18f1ab4e002bc6a7b30aeb1f1eb.jpg

I will going on with my kit built in scale 1/46 :fuyou_2:

Here some new fotos from my last result. I will know built a red "1", the aircraft from Ltn. Manfred Dieterle, squadron captain of 2. /JG300 from Juni 1944.

This is the original copie:

ee259ed4f2456aab37639c8c2d560b98.jpg

115de386861e3bfd553eda6c340d8ad6.jpg

26d055c248fd08a6fd94ab517b41ae17.jpg

9dbb57ea966b72d0259c123859545904.jpg

4016d1c5db3372a641c7f7c149f68bd8.jpg

Edited by BOBO
  • Like 1

A friendly "Hello" from BOBO/ Germany :winkgrin:

It is a great hipe around the new kit in sclae 1:48 Bf 109G, many interesting photos and pictures, many hope of a good model. And I have like this new model because I see many new variations you can build, also too the Type 110 engine variant from Erla-production. Never firm has made these Messerschmitt-type in scale 1/48.

Since friday last week this new kit is on my table. Within about 8 hours I have built the complete fuselage and some parts of wing and other litte part groups.

I want built the figther aircraft of I./ JG300 commander, Hptm.Gerhard Stamp. All alternative parts are in this kit box. (tail, Erla-canopy, short antenna), a redesigned Bf 109G-6 with new tail and Erla-canopy. The standard decals not so interesting for me! :pilot:

At first I found only some little kit mistakes(?) and I’m sure that firm EDIAUAD can use this infos to improve the quality.

1.) I miss on the inside from fuselage holes and pins for position fixing the fuselage half. I must make some little strap on the fuselage inside. Also too on the wing insides.

2.) And it is’nt easy to fixing the cockpit interieur in the inside of fuselage. I miss more cement points.

4.) The engine underside i have used putty, because the fuselage parts on this area are a little bit to small.

5.) I have look on some photos (JG300).

I’m sure the wheel wells on the wing under surface are a tad too big.

6.) The Erla-canopy is incorrect in the back. In this area the canopy falls down. The plastic parts are very thick. The company Eduard can do better?!

And now, 3 hours later:

I'm sitting now in front of complete built fuselage, I look to the wing and to the fuselage and I think, this model isn't right. The wing is attached in only. There is something wrong ....

3b3a312f2477327a61a0e62c1022e7e4.jpg

Then I searched all my drawings, documents, books from U.K., USA, Germany, and fotos copies and also too in the Internet. Since more than 35 Years I have collected many many infomation from aircrafts of WWII.

The result:

The original wingspan is of the Version G-6 is 9.92 m (up to 9.93 m)

The original length of the fuselage is 8.94 m (up to 8.96 m)

And this means, in 1:48 scale:

Wingspan: about 20.60 cm

Fuselage length about: 18.60 cm

All modern Hasegawa-kits are more correct (with some minimum difference)

BUT EDWARD Bf 109G-6:

Wingspan: 21.3 cm

Fuselage length: 19.3 cm

The aircraft fuselage is too long in the rear region (ca. 1,5 mm) in cockpit area 3mm and engine area with more than 1mm, by more than 5 mm in summary(!),

and the wing is too long at both ends, about 3mm.

I am very disappointed.

Picture find here!

And yet...

...life goes on.

I do not use acrylic paints. Since more than 35 years ago I have around 450 paint cups in my hobby room.Very special for this kit I have paint it with my airbrush only AGAMA (Cz.) and ModelMaster (all authentic colours) with 30-40% thinner. It is not from Revell or Mastermodel is poorly. I use special thinner from German from FISCHAR.

85-16730.jpg

This is the best what I know, all paints (not acrylis) you can dilute.

Edited by BOBO
  • Like 1

Sometimes I do feel that people do pick at kits for some reason, looking for issues, for defects and error

Its a hobby we build model kits, I've got the kit, it looks awesome. No model kit with ever be 100% correct

• Like 2

Sometimes I do feel that people do pick at kits for some reason, looking for issues, for defects and error

Its a hobby we build model kits, I've got the kit, it looks awesome. No model kit with ever be 100% correct

Yet some manage to be more so than others.... strange, wonder how they make it ?

Ha ha ha, I think you guys are missing the irony in BOBO's posts! A company boldly claims to be producing 'the best'. It isn't. It's not Starfix, but it isn't the best. It's still being built, but it's not the flawless diamond it was heralded to be. No one seems to mind when other kits are pilloried, I'm actually quite enjoying the ironuc postings of BOBO!

Eduard only has themselves to blame - if you claim it to be the best, it's like a red rag to a bull for the modeller - what model doesn't get assassinated these days? (even box art isn't sacrosanct these days FFS).

It's a comedy of errors and I'm glad I'm packin' Hasegawa 109's.

• Like 1

@ airborne: Fine Answer! :pilot:

and not HERR BOBO, but please Mr. BOBO or better BOBO :thumbsup2:

Yesterday I built the landing gear. And I thought to myself, I slipped a bus! Even on the very sensitive parts must correct you - I think it's not easy! I found this solution on the internet!

1de76faa366e0f91f6833b0bb034eee5.jpg

Edited by BOBO
  • Like 1