1:72 CMR Supermarine Scimitar F.1

And all this in the gentleman's scale! Splendid work, old chap - I especially like that Sea Vixen. I'm not certain the Royal Navy put enough "Do Not Step Here" rectangles on the fuselage, though (I suppose that's what those are).

Regards,

Jason

On 03/10/2013 at 17:09, Buzby061 said:

Argh!! A Sea Vixen as well!

Will you stop teasing us!

Pete

Never! How about a Gannet?

100_4080

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Oh, I finally put the probe on the port wing of the Scimitar. Silly of me to forget it in the first place! :)

You know you could always do the Trumpeter Wyvern. In the words of Roy Sutherland, the best kit they've ever done. It is rather nice, plus you can fold the wings on it, too.

Oh, i built my Fujimi F-4K right after it came out, too. Its not just you.

-d-

On 10/3/2013 at 23:02, David H said:

You know you could always do the Trumpeter Wyvern. In the words of Roy Sutherland, the best kit they've ever done. It is rather nice, plus you can fold the wings on it, too.

Oh, i built my Fujimi F-4K right after it came out, too. Its not just you.

-d-

Funny you should mention that, I just picked up the Wyvern from Squadron in one of their "big sales." You are right, it's a superb kit. One of the reasons why it's the best kit they've ever done is because they partnered with Monochrome in Japan, who tooled the kit. So I have that, plus the CMR Sea Venom to add to my post-war FAA collection. Boy, does that Sea Venom look nice, wow! Oh, and I have both Sea Harriers waiting, too.

I've put Ali's resin Gannet AEW 3 on the Christmas list. It's an addiction I tell ya!

Cheers,

Bill

On 10/4/2013 at 06:17, Chris Ferguson said:

Such tidy clean work !! VERY nice !

On a personal level id love to see more photos of that Buccaneer though ;)lol

Here they are. Make sure you go to the end of the thread to see the fix I made to the canopy.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234922426-hawker-siddeley-buccaneer-s2-xv864-809-nas-rnas-lossiemouth-1969/

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Funny you should mention that, I just picked up the Wyvern from Squadron in one of their "big sales." You are right, it's a superb kit. One of the reasons why it's the best kit they've ever done is because they partnered with Monochrome in Japan, who tooled the kit. So I have that, plus the CMR Sea Venom to add to my post-war FAA collection. Boy, does that Sea Venom look nice, wow! Oh, and I have both Sea Harriers waiting, too.

I've put Ali's resin Gannet AEW 3 on the Christmas list. It's an addiction I tell ya!

Cheers,

Bill

FWIW, Don Hinton is making noises about taking on a CMR Buccanner next. I told him to seek you out.

-d-

On 02/10/2013 at 07:47, dr_gn said:

Lovely work there, congratulations.

Out of interest, if this were entered in a competition, would it be in the "out of box" class, or not? With kits like this that contain photo etch and/or resin and vacform etc. as standard, does this count as OOB? Just a thought.

At the recent IPMS USA Northeast Region Competition, my CMR Buccaneer was entered into the 1:72 OOB category (it took the gold - woo hoo!). So at least according to IPMS USA rules, the answer is yes it's considered OOB. I believe in the US the only things you can add to an OOB entry are seat harnesses and aftermarket decals (neither of which needed to be added to the Buccaneer model as everything came with the kit). I don't know if the rules are different in Europe.

On 03/10/2013 at 03:38, mistel said:

Really beautiful, hope we can have an iinjection kit of this someday...

There are some 1:72 scale injection kits. There's the old Frog, Contrail, and Merlin versions, as well as the newer short run kits from Skybirds and Xtrakit. None of them compare to the CMR kit, in my opinion.

On 03/10/2013 at 18:53, Learstang said:

And all this in the gentleman's scale! Splendid work, old chap - I especially like that Sea Vixen. I'm not certain the Royal Navy put enough "Do Not Step Here" rectangles on the fuselage, though (I suppose that's what those are).

Regards,

Jason

I thought the same thing. It must be incredibly dangerous to step in those areas. Maybe the tin is thin, and you'll break through and get hamburgered in the cogwheels. Yikes! :)

On 03/10/2013 at 22:48, Navy Bird said:

Never! How about a Gannet?

100_4080

Cheers,

Bill

Just noticed how gaudy yellow-green the Sky looks on the Gannet. Odd, it's not like that in real life at all. Note to self - learn how to use digital camera correctly. :)

Cheers,

Bill