Italeri 72nd scale Hudson Mk.IVa, 6 Sqn, RAAF, New Guinea, 1943

tonyot

Hello Folks,

Here is my second Hudson finished! Built straight from the box apart from the decals as the codes seemed incorrect and were replaced by some from the spares box instead. I have a feeling that the serial A16-123 my have been proved incorrect for this machine too, I`m still looking into it. Just like my recent RAF Hudson,.....this has to be one of the hardest kits that I have ever built and the eagle eyed amongst you will realise that some of the flap runners are missing,........the model has been sat on and off the shelf of doom for a couple of years and during that time these fragile parts have succumbed to the carpet monster who is unfortunately very prevalent in my house at the moment,,..or is it just my butter fingers? Anyway enough blurb,......it isn`t one of my best but here it is, warts and all,...my Aussie Hudson;

DSCF8495_zpsfb422ce5-1.jpg

DSCF8496_zpsd54aef86.jpg

DSCF8497_zps2e7061e4.jpg[/url]

DSCF8502_zps86194cd6.jpg

DSCF8503_zps6a35c261.jpg

I hope you like it and next up will be a couple of Vengeances,.....which I must crack on and finish,

Cheers

Tony O

PS- Just realised that I lied,.....it isn`t straight from the box as the mid upper turret came from the Revell Halifax kit because it is a more accurate shape than the Italeri turret!

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 5

Looks good Tony! :goodjob:

The kit is a blinkin' menace isn't it?! I get the impression that something went very wrong when they made the moulds.

The serial supplied with the decal sheet is indeed wrong - the aircraft was actually A16-129. I ended up cutting up one of the other serials to provide the last number. It's a different style but as it's hidden by the tail it's not really noticable.

Here's my effort.

Mike. :)

Edited by MikeR

Looks good Tony! :goodjob:

The kit is a blinkin' menace isn't it?! I get the impression that something went very wrong when they made the moulds.

The serial supplied with the decal sheet is indeed wrong - the aircraft was actually A16-129. I ended up cutting up one of the other serials to provide the last number. It's a different style but as it's hidden by the tail it's not really noticable.

Here's my effort.

Cheers Mike,

It was your lovely model which made me get my part finished Hudson`s back out of the box!

Leonl- glad you like it too and thanks for saying so,

All the best

Tony O

Cheers Mike,

It was your lovely model which made me get my part finished Hudson`s back out of the box!

Leonl- glad you like it too and thanks for saying so,

All the best

Tony O

Thanks Tony! :thumbsup2:

Edited by MikeR